Speak now or forever hold your peace!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irvsiegel

We test drove the 2007 Fleetwood Terra LX 34N today (on the Workhorse chassis).  It handled like a dream, much better than the Georgetown that we drove about a month ago (Ford chassis).  This unit has the six speed Allison transmission.  We are going to purchase this coach tomorrow for $79,000 unless somebody comes up with a really strong argument why we should not do so.  We like the floor plan, we like the color, we like just about everything about it.  It has a bathtub, plenty of storage space, two slides, etc.  We've ironed out our differences with the dealer, which was basically about the extra cost of the Workhorse vs. the Ford.  I didn't know that this unit came with the six speed Allison, which, I'm told, does indeed make it worth more than the Ford.

If anyone thinks that I'm making a major mistake, speak now or forever hold your peace!

Sincerely

Irv

Doesn't matter what you buy as long as you join the RV Community.  All the rest is just experience waiting to be had.  Everyone has their perferences but the only one that matters is if the Little Lady in your family is satisfied.  We've all been there, done that, and will probably do it again.  Any other reason or propose is worthless.    So Congrats to you and Happy RVing.

irvsiegel said:
? ?? We like the floor plan, we like the color, we like just about everything about it.?

That alone makes it the right choice for you.
The Allison is a nice bonus, however.

Enjoy, and many safe and happy miles to you.

lou

Aha! You didn't mention previously that it was an LX in the 34 ft size. That definitely puts it on the W22 Workhorse and gets you the Allison 6 speed vs the Ford 5 speed on the Ford chassis.

Enjoy your new coach!

The deal might be off.  The price of the tow dolly got inflated to twenty-nine hundred and something from the $1600 that we were originally quoted.

Irv

irvsiegel said:
The deal might be off. The price of the tow dolly got inflated to twenty-nine hundred and something from the $1600 that we were originally quoted.

Why do you need a tow dolly?  Anyway teill them $1600 or no sale.

irvsiegel said:
  The deal might be off.  The price of the tow dolly got inflated to twenty-nine hundred and something from the $1600 that we were originally quoted.

Irv

Consider 4-down towing of your towed, I will list advantages and disadvantages as quickly as I can

First, The advantages of a dolly:  Very quick change of towed (Like no change at all) you need do nothing but hang the tow lights in the back of the new rig,  This may or may not take work,  but that is it,  With 4 down you need to have a base plate and brake solution installed on the towed.

Advantages of 4-down

Less weight to tow means better millage, also simpler,  You get the advantage of all 4 wheels on the towed braking when you use a proper solution such as the US-Gear Unified brake decelarator or the M&G air brake system.  There is usually a method of disabling the odometer (in my car I use a REMCO axle lock, since the transmission is not turning (it's in park) there is no millage)

Now, many cars, from the factory, can not be towed 4-down  but Remco Towing has the solution to most of them

Remco and Blue Ox are the two big names in 4-down towing,,, I'm parked behind the Blue Ox plant as I type this
(BY the way... They have a free campground, not large, and other than very full hookups (20/30/50 amp, Water, Sewer and optional phone) they have few amenities  But it's nice place to park till they take a look at my coach on Monday.  Then it's on to Lincoln NE, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas (For a month) Indio and Quartzsite

Back
Top Bottom