Speaking of get togethers, Hershey RV show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayflight

Anyone going? I noticed on their webpage that boondocking is priced at 60 bucks a night? Is that correct, or am I reading that wrong.

Finding a site right now is near impossible. I looked a couple weeks ago. Maybe I'm missing something? Maybe the dry camping area (no reservations) but I'll bet it's crowded. Wish they would offer virtual sessions to their seminars.

I wonder if the recent rains have affected any of the dirt or grass boondocking sites.I have not been, so not sure of what to expect. I don't have any problems off the grid for the length of the show.

Yes the dry camping is $60. The campgrounds have doubled their prices for the show. Show price is ~$130 per night. None show nights are half that price. We are planning on dry camping. If you are doing that look for the Green TARDIS. Green Chev extended van w a pop top. This will be our first time attending the show.....hope all goes well.

It's a 3 hour drive for me but wondering if it's worth a one day trip. Probably a rookie question but I have a good excuse, I'm a rookie.

The Maryland show has one in the spring and one in the fall.

The spring show is much better.

They were not offering seminars in 2017 or 2019.

Hershey offers seminars. Maybe this year the Maryland show will offer them? It does not mention it on the website.

What is the big advantage of going to any type of show, such as an RV show, gun show, coin show, etc?

I think we can usually do better at our local shops.

-Don- Cold Springs Station RV Park, NV (US 50).

What is the big advantage of going to any type of show, such as an RV show, gun show, coin show, etc?

I think we can usually do better at our local shops.

-Don- Cold Springs Station RV Park, NV (US 50).
You are exactly right ! Lately I'll say within the last 20-25 years you go to some of events like this have to pay to get in to end up paying as or more than just going to the local shop or the internet .

If I go to one it would be strictly to observe. Went to a car auction back in June of this year in fact the same day i bought my coach .

Those car were in dire need of extensive repairs selling for almost retail . I told my buddy im out of here you've got to be crazy to buy this junk.

That's the way dealerships get almost full list price and don't have to warranty to worry about .

The seminars are, or can be, a plus. It can be an opportunity to learn some interestin stuff. I wish they would offer those in an on-line format.
If you are in the market for a new rig, pricing can be the best.

One advantage to going to this show is that it is a manufacture sponsored show and most if not all of the units are brought directly from the plants, a lot of the smaller shows are dealer sponsored so they bring what they have at their lots. Also being able to compare so many brands at one location in another BIG advantage.

I was thinking about attending so that I could learn about RV's. Not planning to purchase but learning so that I can hopefully make the right purchase.
Then leave your credit card and wallet at home that way you won’t be tempted and if they tell you that this great deal ends after today, they are full of crap. It’s just BS to get you to sign on the spot. That same deal will be there a few days later.

Me too because I've never been to one
I went to the show. It really has changed. It used to be better. First of all, there were no real specials. One of the salespeople acted like he worked for the dealership that he was representing. In reality, he was from Oregon, and gets paid to sell at various shows. If I am spending $150,000 on an overpriced camper, I want to deal with someone I will see when I go to the dealership.
Another thing that really annoyed me was the entrance line. I went on Thursday. There was over an hour wait. The line twisted in and out of fenced areas. It was hot, the bathroom was flooded, the food prices were also ridiculous. $5.00 for a soft drink. It was nuts. I won’t go again.

I went to the show. It really has changed. It used to be better. First of all, there were no real specials. One of the salespeople acted like he worked for the dealership that he was representing. In reality, he was from Oregon, and gets paid to sell at various shows. If I am spending $150,000 on an overpriced camper, I want to deal with someone I will see when I go to the dealership.
Another thing that really annoyed me was the entrance line. I went on Thursday. There was over an hour wait. The line twisted in and out of fenced areas. It was hot, the bathroom was flooded, the food prices were also ridiculous. $5.00 for a soft drink. It was nuts. I won’t go again.
Ahh Rose thank you so much for the heads up . I've been to other events such as this one and I'll never go again as well .

Long lines inflated food prices and they want you to buy their over priced products . Not in my right mind would I pay more for an RV than I payed for my house.

The only way I'd do that as if I could poop money then I'd still have to think about it . I was informed by a fellow local RVr that he was refused entrance to a RV park because his rig was ten years old .

WHAT ! I said that piticular park charges more to park a 30' class A than the local hotel does for a room . I thought RVing was for people who like to camp out and have fun .

I'm finding out its for a bunch of snobs (not everywhere but some places) so I will continue to find free Boondocking spots . Again thanks for the heads up .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom