Speaking of get togethers, Hershey RV show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Long lines inflated food prices and they want you to buy their over priced products . Not in my right mind would I pay more for an RV than I payed for my house.
LOL - We've done that twice in the last 4 years! First one we sold for exactly what we paid. Though the house values have inflated tremendously. Never been sorry or regretful.

I was informed by a fellow local RVr that he was refused entrance to a RV park because his rig was ten years old .
Parks like that exist, but they're not the rule, and it's as much to minimize problems with long-term renters (sometimes hard to evict for non-payment) as anything.

And often parks with that rule mainly want to keep out the duct tape crowd, who not only look bad but are possibly candidates for the long-term problem. Many (not all) will allow 20 and older after checking appearance.

I'm finding out its for a bunch of snobs (not everywhere but some places)
While there are occasional snobs (just as anywhere in life), that's not generally true in most RV parks, even for the management of the park.

It's fine if you want to "continue to find free Boondocking spots" but don't do it JUST for the wrong reason(s).

Last edited:
We attended the show and all of the above is true. On the other hand it was a very good place to be able to see many B's and B+'s at once. Our local show is always choked with the large units and lucky 2 B's. We dry camped and that old airstrip was half empty. The shuttle took us over and we had no line to get in. Easy. Yes, $10 hamburgers. Having plant people there was very helpful. Everyone is buying units and they are in short or non-existent supply. So why would they offer discounts?? We were lucky and were able to order a Pleasure Way Ontour 2.2 for November pickup. Later heard (Facebook PW users group) many people have been told that none are available until spring. Factory rep knew that two new units were being shipped to a dealer before the dealer reps new it and we got one. Go again, probably not we got what we came for. We stayed for two days and spent 100% of the time looking at B's and B+'s. Did not look at any of the larger units. This was are first large RV show.

Last edited:
First of all, there were no real specials
As with any type of show I have been to in the last 50 years or so.

When they get the crowds is when they jack up the prices and such. Plus often pay a fee to enter and park.

And it's not just shows, it's whenever they expect to get a crowd.

For one example, I was once looking a a jacket at a Macy's Store. Sign said "clearance, 50% off". Very few people in the store because it was a Wednesday a day before the big "White Flower Day" sale.

I went back the next day during the big sale. The place was packed with people.

I looked at the same jacket. They changed the sign. It then said "White Flower Day Special--20% off!".

This is the same type of BS they do everywhere when they expect a crowd of people. You get you better deals on a normal day.

-Don- Reno, NV

We went to a show here in Scotland and I was amazed at how many of the RVs had doors hanging off inside etc. and the sales guys were not even bothered to pop in and fix them. I think that a few hundred (or more) folks going in and out opening doors etc. might give you a bit of an insight into the quality of some of the manufacturers. Not 100% obviously but that is my 2$ or cents or whatever you guys say :)

. I was informed by a fellow local RVr that he was refused entrance to a RV park because his rig was ten years old .
This is a ploy to allow park owners to exclude trashy looking rigs. I regularly stay for multiple months in a park with the 10 year rule with my 21 year old Bounder. They've never said a thing about it.

I have a tendency to return to parks I have stayed at in the past,, I find that once in their data-base you will not be question again..>>>Dan

We went to a show here in Scotland and I was amazed at how many of the RVs had doors hanging off inside etc. and the sales guys were not even bothered to pop in and fix them.
A few years back I went to an RV show and saw a light shining up through the shower drain in a 5th wheel on display. Stepping outside, the salespeople had opened the storage compartment underneath the shower and the light revealed a 6" horizontal offset between the shower drain and the plumbing going to the holding tank.

Two years ago at Quartzsite, Az. we walked thru a "high end" class A diesel pusher,, under the eating area seats was damage to the under seat storage and walls,, I looked closely at the construction and materials used and found all particle board and staples with terrible joiner work..
On the way out of the coach, noticed the sales price posted....$660k!!!!..>>>DAN

Seems like their making garbage and charging more money for it . Makes me more proud fo my old Fleetwood .

This junk their putting out to day won't last thirty years 660k that's sickness to pay that much for something that's going to depreciate like Hell

The thing probably loses 40K when you drive it off the lot 😆

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom