SPEBSQSA and DirecTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
Every Sunday at 6:00pm MDT (right now) DirecTV broadcasts on channel 801 an hour of barbershop harmony.

Thanks Ned. I hit the record button as soon as I saw your message.

You can't record those channels unless you have your own PVR (not a Tivo).

I have no idea what a PVR is, but I have one of the new DTV non-Tivo DVRs and it's recording channel 801. Just replayed some and it's recording just fine.

P(ersonal)VR, D(igital)VR, same thing.  Interesting that the new Hughes (you have an R15?) will record these channels.  The DirecTivos won't.

Yep, it's an R-15 bought at RadioShack in QZ. Maybe I should return it as defective because it's recording something it shouldn't  ;D

BTW the price was $0. Actually, store price was $99.99 but DTV offered $100 rebate.

Well, other than the BBS program, the music on all the music channels repeats, and did even before they switched to the XM Radio channels.  It would be nice to record the BBS show and save it the computer.  Can your R-15 do that?

It's pretty easy to get a DirecTV DVR free, just tell them you're thinking of switching to Dish Network :)

Ned said:
It would be nice to record the BBS show and save it the computer.  Can your R-15 do that?

I have no idea; That would require looking at the manual  :(

BTW my unit is definitely defective - it recorded the entire show, except for the first couple of minutes before I pressed the record button  ;D

I don't normally listen to those music channels as I have other sources of music. But I'll be sure to listen to &/or record 801 at the Harmony Hour from now on.

We have other music too, our complete CD collection in iTunes that can be played through the home theater system, but we really enjoy several of the XM Radio channels on DTV.

I have a number of friends who play the DTV music stations through their home theater systems. It just never occurs to us to do that, but I'll be listening to 801 going forward  ;)

Check all the XM channels, there are several that we enjoy on a rotating basis.  Classical, of course, 40s and 50s, and Frank's Place, are our favorites.

We have a separate XM receiver hooked to the audio system in the coach in addition to the one built into the Burb which we use for XM channels.

The DTV XM channels are just a subst of the full XM selection.  I really would like some of the oldtime radio channels, but the music is just fine with us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom