Spell Check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camperAL

Hi,

Wondering if there is any spell check for checking your messages? I have a good vocabulary, just don't know how to spell half the words.:( Thanks!

Hi,

Wondering if there is any spell check for checking your messages? I have a good vocabulary, just don't know how to spell half the words.:( Thanks!
Al, you should have a spell-check feature in your web browser. We don't currently have a spell-check feature in the forum.

If you notice a squiggly red line under a word, it is spelled wrong. Click on the word. Right click on your mouse and a number of spelling corrections will appear.

"is any spell check for checking your messages? I have a good vocabulary, just don't know how to spell half the words."

What browser are you using?

-Don-

Hi Don,

Sorry for the delay. I use Firefox. As fancy as this new software is, I would think they could have a spell check. I've just been going and punching in a word and letting it correct and copy and paste but gets time consuming which I don't like.

Clicking on the underlined word doesn't show any correction for me. Has to due with your browser.

Hi Don,

Sorry for the delay. I use Firefox. As fancy as this new software is, I would think they could have a spell check. I've just been going and punching in a word and letting it correct and copy and paste but gets time consuming which I don't like.

Clicking on the underlined word doesn't show any correction for me. Has to due with your browser.
All the browsers based on the Chrome engine have a spell-checker built in. Go to settings and search for spell check.

I am now using Firefox. I don't think you need an extension, the basic spellchecker is built in FF from what I can see here.

And it works well in this forum.

I will now misspell misspell. "mispell" has a line under it, but not "misspell" when in the edit mode (as I am typing this).

I right click on "mispell" and get a list of words to change to, including "misspell".

How do I Turn on spell check in Firefox?
  • Adjust Firefox Spell Check Settings Via Menu. Firstly, click the “Menu” button at the upper-right corner of the screen. Then, choose “Options”. Scroll to the “Language” section. Lastly, click “Check my spelling as I type” if you want to turn spell checker on."

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
Hi to all,

Lou Schneider hit the nail on the head. I right clicked and it showed the word corrected and you click on that and it is done so another happy costomer. Onlly real problem with that is it shows various word spelling and you have to select so I mgiht be in trouble with that.

AL

Hummmm................. will need to find something else to complain about now. :-(

Lou Schneider hit the nail on the head. I right clicked and it showed the word corrected and you click on that and it is done so another happy costomer. Onlly real problem with that is it shows various word spelling and you have to select so I mgiht be in trouble with that.
You don't have to select any of them. What you do is change a letter or two in your misspelled word and then click on it again and see the new set of words. Keep on doing such until you either spell it correctly or have the correct word to replace it with when you click on it.

-Don- Cold Springs Valley, NV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom