Splendide washer/dryer combo delete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vinceherman

My DW has decided she wants closet space more than the tiny washer/dryer.
The dealership quoted 3-4 hours but they were going to leave all the lines in place. I do not know how I would winterize with antifreeze. I am afraid that those lines will not get antifreeze without the washer there. I assumed that you would cut the lines where they T off of the supply and cap them. The dealership did not think this was the right way to go.
Has Anyone done this?
What will be involved?
39' 5er so plenty of space to crawl into the basement and get access to the water supply. I assume I can find the only 2 that lead up to the front of the camper, cut them and put something on the end? Is there a cap that I would put on? Or would it make more sense to put in shutoff valves? Then I can blow them out once and leave them shut off?
Then the physical removal should be easy (famous last words).
I would have to decide what to do about the vent.
And I would need to do something with the drain. I imagine a cap there as well.
Anyone in the market for a 6 year old barely used Slendide vented WD2100XC? Properly winterized and working condition?

We we first started looking at Class A motorhomes we never had W/D on our list of desired features. In fact, I remember telling my wife during our search that we were going to look at a another Class A but I didn't think it came with a W/D and she said, "Oh, I don't need to have that." But then every motorhome that made our short list came with the stacked Splendide W/D. So, the motorhome we bought has them both.

Now, on every trip my wife says I can't tell you how much more I love traveling in the motorhome because of that W/D. She's even gone so far as saying that she used to not want to stay out in the RV more than 3 weeks or 4 tops. But that now she's happier to stay out 6-weeks or more. All because she doesn't have to schlep to a laundromat every 10-days or so.

By the way, she would add having a 1-1/2 baths to that equation. Which was another thing she thought she didn't need when we were shopping.

We've been full-timing for >10 years and my wife lists the Splendide as one of the key reasons she enjoys the lifestyle. You get used to the small size by washing more loads. It's a lot better than not having one IMO.

We have a Splendide combo and I’ve always said that if she had to choose between me or the combo, she would have to think about it. That’s how much she likes it. 😰😥😓

Yup, the Splendide sealed the deal when my wife and I were looking at our current coach. I don't think she thought we needed one until she saw it in the coach.

Guys, the OPss DW says she does not want it. So why beat a dead horse? Like gary said, open the valves, let any water that might be in the likes drain back and yoir done. From my experiences once you have air in the lines and the valves closed it takes a lot to displace the air. So I see no problem. Only thing I would do is go buy a plastic cap to push on the drain line. Just pressing it on should be sufficient to stop any odors that may excape.

Reactions: SMR
So, steps include:
  1. remove the unit
  2. cap the drain
  3. do something with the vent
I have to admit, I am not sure I even know where the vent goes. But with the unit out, I should be able to find it and put something in to keep the bug out.

And winterizing sounds like it will not be a problem.
Thanks!

Just to follow up, we did remove the unit. I was pleasantly shocked to find out how much these units sell for on the second hand market.
Winterizing was easy. Followed Gary’s advice.
Now we have room for DW’s sewing supplies.
Thanks Gary and the whole forum for the help!

Just to follow up, we did remove the unit. I was pleasantly shocked to find out how much these units sell for on the second hand market.
Where did you find them advertised? Also how much were they advertised for? I pulled our Splendide out a year ago and it's just sitting collecting dust in our garage. Advertised in the RVForum and sister forum IRV2. Maybe one inquiry.

Winterizing was easy. Followed Gary’s advice.
Now we have room for DW’s sewing supplies.
Thanks Gary and the whole forum for the help!
All the washer/dryer prep installations I've ever had, I just opened the low-point drains and all the faucets, including those on the W/D prep lines, then closed them after they drained for several minutes.
Then winterized the RV without touching those W/D prep valves. In 23 years I've never had any plumbing freeze damage.
There is no need to pump RV antifreeze through the W/D prep faucets is all the water has drained out of the vertical plumbing.
As you know with the washer installed winterizing is an involved process.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom