spooky water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabrown

took jayco class c camping for first time last week, did not put any water in tanks as was hooking up to hydrant,  but the first the coach pump ran on and off. I kept checking switches and they were turned off.  it finaly quite on day 2.  (what gives)

There are often 2, maybe 3 switches for the water pump, did you find them all?? Bathroom area, Kitchen area, on the tank monitor all come to mind.

Class C's are typically small enough to have only one pump switch, but a second one is a possibility. The pump switch is usually connected to a pump controller (solenoid) as well, and a faulty controller could cause this. Pretty rare to fail that way, but it is conceivable. A faulty pump switch seems more likely, perhaps moisture in the switch shorting it, and that moisture evaporated after a while?

thankyou all, I have 2 switches bathroom, and buy the door, both were off, beats me it finally quite the next day, hopefully didn't harm pump it still comes on when I turn it on.I thought mebie it was because I didn't have any water in tanks, but I didn't think you had to, if hooking up to a hydrant.  thanks again da brown

This happened to me when we first got our class c home(2014 Jayco). In the driveway. Pump switch by entrance door and in bathroom. Both off. There was another pump switch in the outdoor shower compartment. With the shower hose wrapped up, door to compartment closed it would hit the rocker switch and turn on pump. Found it by luck actually.

dabrown said:
took jayco class c camping for first time last week, did not put any water in tanks as was hooking up to hydrant,  but the first the coach pump ran on and off. I kept checking switches and they were turned off.  it finaly quite on day 2.  (what gives)

dabrown
Did you mean to say  "did not put any water in tanks as I was hooking up to hydrant,  but AT first the 12V WATER PUMP IN THE coach ran on and off (aka: intermittently)"?

What does the 12V water pump do when you do have water in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom