Spring Break Destination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad

Hi.? I'm looking for a good spring break spot to take the family by the ocean.? We stayed at a great spot in S. Carolina last summer on the ocean, but I'm afraid it'll be a little too cold in March.? Any ideas?? We want to be close enough to hear the ocean from our campsite.? Thanks!

The best place to hear the ocean from your site is at Myrtle Beach.  Ocean Lakes now has concrete pads so you are not parked in the sand.  Lots to do in Myrtle Beach too!

Thanks Steve.  I checked out the Ocean Lakes website and it looks pretty great.  Have you tried any ocean front campgrounds in Florida?  ...just looking for something a little warmer in March.

Ocean Grove & Bryn Mawr in St Augustine, FL, have beach front sites.  I think Jetty Park in Titusville does also.  Another nice waterfront place is Beverly Beach Camptown in Flagler Beach - see http://www.beverlybeachcamptown.com/

You may find that Florida beachfront campgrounds are heavily booked already. And they will be expensive too.

I think Florida has a couple state parks with waterfront camping, or at least beach access.  Sebastian Inlet Recreation Area is one. See http://www.abfla.com/parks/SebastianInlet/sebastianinlet.html

RV Roamer said:
Bryn Mawr in St Augustine, FL

If you hadn't added the "St Augustine, FL" bit I'd have wondered if you were losing it Gary. Bryn Mawr is a Welsh place name that obviously got transplanted by some Welsh dudes who came over on a boat. FWIW it translates to "big hill". Lots of them in Wales  ;D

Brad,

In addition to the great suggestions Gary mentioned, Manatee Hammock south of Titusville  is a County park that is on the waterfront of the inland waterway.  You may not see the water from your "wooded" campsite, but you can walk to the water and when there is a shuttle launch, you can see it right from there.

If you hadn't added the "St Augustine, FL" bit I'd have wondered if you were losing it Gary. Bryn Mawr is a Welsh place name...

Well, I probably have "lost it" already and it doesn't take obscure Welsh place names to demonstrate it!  ;D

Bryn Mawr is a surprisingly common name in the USA - those Welshmen must have gotten around.  There's a town in PA, a high class college, a hospital and even some stores with that name. If you Google Bryn Mawr, you'll get hundreds of hits.  Maybe there are a lot of "big hills"?

RV Roamer said:
Bryn Mawr is a surprisingly common name in the USA

Yes, I've seen a number of them on our travels, or at least road signs pointing to such places. There are a number of them in Wales too.

those Welshmen must have gotten around.

Might have been the same guy who hopped around and left his mark. This web site gives a hint to the most likely reason though. i.e. coal mines in Pensylvania. Wales was once the largest coal exporting country in the world, so it was natural that Welsh families would relocate to PA. Just like the tin miners from Cornwall settled in gold mining areas such as Nevada City, CA.

Here's an interesting history of one of the "original" Bryn Mawr places.

How did any place in Florida get named "Big hill" :D

One guy turned left when he got off the ship.

Back
Top Bottom