SSV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bboseley

I just purchased a 2007 Carriage Cameo 5th.  Didn't realize until after delivery that the counter tops are SSV. (Look and feel like solid surface)  Since there was a class action closed out in 2003 - is there still an issue with SSV? 

I'm not sure if the problem still exists, but the Class Action settlement applies only to SSV installed between 1996 and 2003 and then only to those that have an actual defect.  That suggests that Wilsonart feels confident that the current version of the product will not suffer the cracking and delamination problems that some customers encountered with the earlier installations.  I don't know what percentage of installations had problems either, but the class action settlement seems to indicate that not all SSV installations go bad.

See Wilsonart SSV Settlement

I have egg on my face - however I can credit it to Carriage's dual information packages.  Turns out the counter tops are in fact Corian.  Carriage was late getting its 2007 web site up,  Meanwhile some other info had been distributed.  Go figure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom