ST vs LT tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Foto-n-T said:
It's interesting to note that modern towables began being sold with adequate tires for the application about ten years ago. Prior to that we were lucky to have an adequate weight rating on stock tires just to carry "empty" weight. The truth of the matter is, most towable RV owners never come close to actually wearing out their tires. For those of us who do put enough miles on to wear them out we now have adequate choices available. I for one do run ST tires but there was a time when the LT tires were my preffered option.

By the way, if you think ST versus LT tires in the RV world is a box of snakes you ought to see what has been happening in the world of motorcycle tires in the last few years. There's actually a faction out there that call themselves "Dark Siders" who run P tires on heavy bikes like the Goldwing. It seems everyone wants to try and out think the engineer's.

See reference below.

https://members.ustires.org/sites/default/files/Demounting%20and%20Mounting%20Procedures%20for%20Motorcycle%20Tires.pdf

LOL...beside the OPs thread died way back in '12 and was hijacked/raised from the long dead for some reason and is getting rehashed and beat to death again .....and again...again with much the same bla bla...including my own.  :-[

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom