Stained ceiling cloth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glenn

Our 1988 Super Chief's ceiling is in excellent shape except for some water staining.  Is there a product or process I can use to remove these stains?

Glenn

A few years ago 2 friends and myself undertook an older RV just to see how nice we could make it.? Turned out pretty good.? It had a cloth ceiling and was water stained and we did same as we did on some old car ceilings.? Bought some (in our case) Gray Rit and using rubber gloves, a sponge and soft brush (scrub type) went to work on it.? Took a lot of effort but sure beat replacing the whole thing.? Turned out pretty good.? Might be some better, easier and simpler ways but that was our method.? Rit is the old boxes of Dye your Mother and gr Mother used to dye clothes and material with.? You can then use Scotch Guard to seal it..? Good luck

Glenn said:
Our 1988 Super Chief's ceiling is in excellent shape except for some water staining.  Is there a product or process I can use to remove these stains?

Glenn

Yes, I have used Tilex's Mold & Mildew Remover on water stains on the ceiling. It works BUT don't get it on anything else. I have daubed a stained area with a cotton ball that I put TM&M on. When the stain disappeared, I sprayed clean water gently on that area and patted it dry with a white cloth. I should have used a hair dryer to dry, now that I am writing about this. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Liz

Glenn said:

Glenn

Glenn, I had some stain from a leak near my shower ceiling. I was told to use carpet cleaner and it worked like a charm.

Bob

Glenn,

If the other suggestions don't work, try a little brake cleaner. Test it on an area that is not obvious first. Brake cleaner is very much like dry cleaning fluid. It can work wonders on stains. Not sure it will get all out but worth a try if all else fails.

Back
Top Bottom