starting my conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJ Bonfield

Greetings from Oregon
  I have a 1988 MCI 102A3 that I'm starting my conversion.  Going with two roof airs with heat strips in the emergency hatches. Have a full sized dual power refer (new) already have the electrical wiper system in (works REALLY good)  have a few companies I'm working with for the dash up grade and coach control panel.
  I would like any feedback on floor plans thinking of going with a western/ horse theme inside its just me and the better half 90% of the time so bed in the back a jack knife couch and the dinette that will works for any "extra" bodies.
Also any ideas on skinning over the old windows that I'm taking out the rest of the windows replacing those. What is a good widow to do that with?  I know a lot of questions but I would REALLY like some input.
    Thanks everyone

For windows try Motionwindows.com, they are a division of Peninsula Glass. They make RV windows (and boat) to order.
You can spec the size, type, glass color etc.

https://www.motionwindows.com/

Note: I have not used them, but a forum member used them to replace windows in his Country Coach

Greetings from Oregon
I have a 1988 MCI 102A3 that I'm starting my conversion. Going with two roof airs with heat strips in the emergency hatches. Have a full sized dual power refer (new) already have the electrical wiper system in (works REALLY good) have a few companies I'm working with for the dash up grade and coach control panel.
I would like any feedback on floor plans thinking of going with a western/ horse theme inside its just me and the better half 90% of the time so bed in the back a jack knife couch and the dinette that will works for any "extra" bodies.
Also any ideas on skinning over the old windows that I'm taking out the rest of the windows replacing those. What is a good widow to do that with? I know a lot of questions but I would REALLY like some input.
Thanks everyone
Definitely use the Motion Windows. Dual pane and tinted. Fit exactly.
Don't recommend a dinette. Never have found one comfortable for sitting for any period beyond that necessary for eating.
For reskinning I used 0.080" Aluminum. Attaching with Sikaflex and rivets. Pretty much standard is 3 windows passenger forward and 1 aft in bedroom. 2 windows forward drivers side and 1 aft in bedroom. Move the bedroom windows forward at least half the window width. I would add anther 8". The only welding required is to add two verticals. On each side in the bedroom.
I did two bases, PD4108 and a 102A3, and did major work on at least six more.
Our 102 now has a new Series 50 and the Allison B500.
Enjoy the work of conversion
Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom