Status of Grand Canyon NP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solarman

thinking of a visit to the GCNP later this year, without doing the obvious and searching myself, does anyone here know the current state of affairs with the park, I will be boondocking in the north and south side forests.

thanks

We were on the south rim in mid-May. Looked like business as usual. Almost no one wearing masks, no volume limits etc. We didn't stay in the park just a day stop. Didn't go into any of the gift shops etc.

ok, thanks for that update.. just wanted some hands on info rather than the website.

From what I read on their web site a month or so ago only about half the shuttle routes were running (as of May) due to not being able to handle covid social distancing requirements, etc. In particular the Blue route which goes to the campground, lodges, store, etc. was not running and neither was the purple route that goes to the south entrance overflow parking area, and nearby lodging. I am not sure about the other routes, but it seems like at least one other route was not running.

thinking of a visit to the GCNP later this year, without doing the obvious and searching myself, does anyone here know the current state of affairs with the park, I will be boondocking in the north and south side forests.

thanks
Note the current closure of national forests around the Grand Canyon due to extreme fire danger. Check carefully before you go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom