Steering stabilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One side heavy does cause handling issues. Ours was almost 900# heavy on the driver's side and with loading I was able to get that down to about 300# and it did make a noticeable difference.
Since we put our Pace on a diet I really need to have a 4 wheel weight. As Lou mentioned, some RV manufactures attempt to compensate for unequal weight on their motorhomes. I'm not saying that's the problem with ours, but since we've owned it, we replaced the refrigerator with a lighter unit, removed the Splendide washing machine, the recliner that was behind the front passenger seat and replaced the heavy 12V lead acid batteries with Lithium. All in all, and all on the passenger side, at least 400 - 450 lbs. On the driver side, we replaced the heavy jack knife sofa with a double recliner, replaced the dinette with a DIY desk. Not sure how much reduction on the dinette, but the new recliner weighs a lot less than the jack knife sofa we removed. So maybe 150 to 200 lbs lighter on the driver side. Will be looking for a place that does 4 wheel weighs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom