Steering Tires For 32' MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rclark

Hello, I've been looking at new tires for the MH and found a tire I like! My question is has anyone had any dealings with a tire made by BF Goodrich? It's the Trail AP, size 235 85r16 load range E.. I've found these tires for 106.95 each installed!!

Thanks Randy

Not familar with  The Trail AP  but sure like Goodrich tires  HAve for many years and in most cases prefer them.  I've had extreme good luck buying tires from local Ford Dealers  Might be worth a try;

Thanks Shayne for the quick reply! I believe I'm going to go with them!!

Randy

I've always had success with GRich,  Never with Gyear.  Mich are  soso.  I just prefer them.

Randy,

You say in your topic that these are "Steering tires".  Does that mean you are only replacing the two front tires?  If so, are you replacing 7.50 R 16 tires with the 235 85r 16 tires?  The reason I asked is that I had 7.50 R 16 tires on my Allegro coach and replaced them all around with the 235 85r 16 tires and had to change them back to the 7.50 R 16 tires because they were too close on the dual rear wheels.  Even though the two sizes are virtually the same height, the width on the 235's caused a problem on the rear.  If you are just using them on the front, there should be no problem, except you won't be able to rotate them with the rear if the sizes are different.  Also, the load range E tire rode a little more harshly than a load range D, but then, your coach may require the E for the carrying capicity.  I put Cooper Tires on my coach and so far like them.  I've had  B F Goodrich tires on other vehicles in the past and liked them as well.  Good luck with them.

Dan

Thanks for all the advice~~

Dan I'm only replacing the steering, the size is just what was on there. I just purchased the MH about 6 weeks ago and after reading on here(and I've done alot of it) about the tires I checked the DOT dates and the fronts although in great shape are 6 yrs. 2 mos. old..

The rears are the same size though and don't seem to be creating a problem!! They are just over 2 yrs. old!!

Going to load the Pace Arrow down with people and tailgating suppies  ;D  :eek: this coming weekend for our maiden voyage! ::)

Randy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom