Step or small deck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatfishRV

I am living in an rv park and my step is way too high.? I was wondering if anyone had any simple ideas or ways of making
a step or small deck.? My bottom step is 15" off the ground.? It has 3 steps which are about 6" apart.

Thanks
:)

I have a couple of "extra steps" depending on how high I'm off the ground, (They are different heights) Camping World sells an assortment of steps, different heights different materials some fold, some don't  And the item I'm going to provide a link to is a very common one carried by many stores, not just camping world.

Folding step stool

I have a few of these for different locations and applicatoins

John,

Those steps would be an accident waiting to happen if I used them. I've seen more sturdy metal ones that had a wider footprint with some framily members.

As I said, Camping world carries a number of different steps.  including a couple of metal ones that would support both of us at the same time and as you know.... i'm not one of the smaller members of this forum.

Believe it or not that plastic step holds my 325 rather nicely

John In Detroit said:
Believe it or not that plastic step holds my 325 rather nicely

Just don't expect me to catch you if/when you fall.

That's what I was thinking about Gary. Very stable.

CatfishRV said:
I am living in an rv park and my step is way too high.? I was wondering if anyone had any simple ideas or ways of making
a step or small deck.? My bottom step is 15" off the ground.? It has 3 steps which are about 6" apart.

Thanks
:)

Take a look HERE.? ?Or HERE.    The second one looks pretty handy.

If you're living full time in the park why not get Home Depot to cut a 2x6 into two 48" and two 21" and purchase a pre-cut 48" x 24" piece of 3/4 plywood.  Nail together for a step that would hold a bunch of weight and be solid as a rock.  Good luck.

I appreciate all the suggestions very much.  I think I'll take Tinner's suggestion and run to Home Depot and build
a small deck.  I think that a small deck would be safer in my situation.

Back
Top Bottom