sticky trhottle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pauly p

Hi my name is Paul and i have just joined the group for american dream owners. i have had class a rv for years and i have recently purchased an 1996 American dream and my throttle cable is sticking was wondering if it needs replacement or is it serviceable. i am certain the problem is between the gas pettal and the end of the cable. the linkage at the injection pump moves freely and returns as it should thank you for reading

Could be gummed up or a strand broken. Go buy a new one.

First thing to do is free up and lube the pedal,, check for accumulated crud at the pivot.. If a new cable is required, go to a marine cable with a nylon center conduit..>>>Dan

Any 25 year old wire cable needs lubed. Take the highest end loose, hold it as vertical as possible, and slowly drip a light oil down into the cable a drop at a time. Even better, some auto or lawnmower shops will have a cable grease gun that can force heavier grease through it.

If it's the cable I'd recommend replacement
if it's anothe part however..... True story
Used to have a van it had not a cable but a linkage where the shaft went through the firewall I had to rod the dang busing out every few years.

I used a pistol cleaning kit from a local Gun dealer.. That, and Dry-Slide, only thing I ever bought from a gun dealer (Dri-slide is a rather good lubricant)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom