Stinky slinky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoomerTX

Out on our 3rd trip. Full hookup.  Great site.  Of all the things I thought I'd struggle with, this isn't one of them. Last outing our hookups were on other side so had to stretch across, under rig. This time right here , very close.  Maybe I screwed up and didn't prepared it before but I've tried and tried to make that thing smaller and I just can't get it. Does hot sun affect it? Are there different sizes? Maybe I need 2 different sizes for different scenarios?  Not a huge issue but frustrating as hell.

I am not sure what brand "slinky" or sewer hose you have, but I am assuming you are trying to make it compress and stay that way, right??  Best to post a photo and brand name of a product you are having problems with.  Or are you talking about the collapsible sewer support? 

A couple of years ago, I bought a new sewer hose because my old one had a hole in it. The new one just would not make itself get smaller, and I ended up with this 20' monstrosity that would not fold into itself.  After a couple of uses, I took it to the dumpster and went out and bought a new Rhinoflex hose https://www.campingworld.com/rhinoflex-swivel-rv-sewer-hose-kit-630058.html.  It stretches out to 20', but then you can compress it back to a shorter length and it stays that way.  Much easier to handle. 

The best hose out there is the Rhino hose  mine pulls out to 15 feet and collapses to 5 feet,, tough as rialroad nails..>>>Dan

Some models like the RhinoFlex Extreme do not collapse, vs for example the standard Rhinoflex which does collapse but is not as tough

I'll add my support of the rhinoflex as well with one caveat. I was just in a site where my 20' length did not reach the sewer. Fortunately I was near a walmart so I went out and bought a 10' model as well. With the quick connect sewer elbow I can now use either hose, or both, depending on the situation.

I used both the compressible Rhinoflex and an assortment of hose lengths.  My main sewer hoses were a pair of 10 ft Rhinos and a short (5 ft?), which let me mix and match to get a variety of lengths.  I also carried a 20 foot non-Rhino hose for really long range needs, but probably didn't use that more than once a year (during our 20 years of extensive travel).

I too carry 3 hoses. The 20' in the back in an ABS tube in the engine compartment, a 10' under the rig in a "L" shaped ABS tube, and a 5' Rhino flex in the wet bay.  I like the way the Rhino shrinks up and stays that way so it's easy to store. I can often combine the 10' and 5' to get to the sewer dump, but I have needed the 20' a few times already this season. 

Every time I dump I get asked where I got my hose storage carrier because you never disconnect the hose from the dump valves. I don't know if the PO installed it or if it came from the factory. If you've seen one like this for sale let me know so I can tell people where to get one.

The storage tube curves down then back from a hole in the basement compartment floor then curves outward to the edge off the RV with a pivoting cap on the end. All I do to dump is pivot the end cap out of the way, extend the hose outwards from the carrier, dump, turn the rinse valve on, push the hose back in, and pivot the end cap closed. There's never a drop of liquid spilled on the ground and the whole process takes about 2 minutes from start to finish. The only drawback is it only holds a 15 foot hose and about 3 feet are lost due to the carrier curving down then back.

If it looks similar to this one, it's a factory installation using standard 4" sewage fittings. The swivel is a standard rotating toilet flange, and the rest is an elbow, a section of pipe, and a clean out.

Attachments

• 2014-06-18 11.08.02.jpg
    2014-06-18 11.08.02.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 2014-06-18 11.10.00.jpg
    2014-06-18 11.10.00.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 43
Thanks everone. I currently have a Thetford Titan 15 foot. Sounds like I need to upgrade.

Utclmjmpr said:
The best hose out there is the Rhino hose  mine pulls out to 15 feet and collapses to 5 feet,, tough as rialroad nails..>>>Dan
Unless you step on it in the middle of dark thirty when you discover the tank is full.

It's never "out there" at any dark thirty,, I only attach it when using it period...  ( I have even seen the lawn boy run over one with the mower in an RV park.!!).>>>Dan

NY_Dutch said:
If it looks similar to this one, it's a factory installation using standard 4" sewage fittings. The swivel is a standard rotating toilet flange, and the rest is an elbow, a section of pipe, and a clean out.
I have seen those but mine is tucked up tight under the body. It looks like this.

Attachments

• IMG_4468.jpg
    IMG_4468.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 24
TheBar said:
I have seen those but mine is tucked up tight under the body. It looks like this.

Ahh... That looks like the setup our current motorhome had when we bought it. I didn't like the amount of hose that was wasted getting from the drain outlet down and through the "tunnel", so I changed it to the more direct connection in the photo below. I don't miss not having the self storing hose at all, since I almost always had to pull out another hose length anyway to connect to the short remaining section of the connected hose.

Attachments

• 2015-08-28 16.43.54.jpg
    2015-08-28 16.43.54.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 22
I picked up a Valterra Dominator last year, when my old hose developed a couple of pinholes.  I love it.  It's fairly rigid and accordion pleated, and stays where you put it - no snaking around when the water hits it.  Also is rigid enough to bridge small gaps (think of a dump with a concrete curb around it - I can "bridge" from my outlet pipe over the curve without the hose sagging down.)

When finished, I compress it back into a "U" shape and cap both ends.  No stink in the compartment, and no nasty drips. 

I got this kit, with two sections and a clear elbow.  It's been great.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-D04-0275-Feet-Dominator-Sewer/dp/B00BDEPJ1W/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=valterra+dominator+rv+sewer+hose&qid=1598273394&sr=8-2

Back
Top Bottom