Storage in Casita While Towing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, I'm Tom from Diamond Bell. We're about to head off on our maiden voyage in our new Casita Travel Trailer Freedom Deluxe, 17'. What and how can we safely store stuff in the trailer while towing. We've heard that things get bounced around a lot.

SargeW

Site Team
Hi Tom, and welcome. Yep, anything you put inside the trailer while under way needs to be secured somehow. Some smaller things may be able to be stored on a flat soft surface, like the bed. Larger items should be secured with tie downs or bungee cords. Often times because you will be isolated in your tow vehicle, you won't have a clue what is going on in your TT until you stop and go inside.

Your towable may really bounce on a rough road or going over road seams, but they may seem minor up front where you are seated. I have had ceiling lights fall from the ceiling, TV's crash to the floor, and the bottoms drop out of cabinets and never knew it was going on.

UTTransplant

We had a Casita for a few years. Probably the easiest towable we ever had for traveling. As Marty said, everything bounces. We were able to leave things lying on the bed, but everything else was tied down somehow. With the construction of the Casita being what it is, you won’t have some of the problems Marty mentioned, but still do not underestimate the bounce.

TheBar

For anything breakable like plates and glasses wrap them in bubble wrap. Get rubber drawer/cabinet liner that keeps things from sliding and banging around, as much. I've had things work their way off the bed onto the floor on long drives. Better off to start out on the floor. Even had spice bottles jump out of spice racks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patucson
Top Bottom