storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizstepp

Hi All!

I think I have narrowed down the class of RV I want - a fifth wheel - but have a few questions for you experienced ones....

1.  Where do I store it when not in use?  I am not sure my neighborhood allows for it to be parked in my drive.
2.  How do I determine what weight I can tow?  I have a Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab.  V6 engine.....

Can anyone recommend any good books for long term RV'ers?  All for now!

Thanks~

Elizabeth
soon to be home schooling travelling mom!

bizstepp said:
Hi All!

I think I have narrowed down the class of RV I want - a fifth wheel - but have a few questions for you experienced ones....

1. Where do I store it when not in use? I am not sure my neighborhood allows for it to be parked in my drive.
2. How do I determine what weight I can tow? I have a Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab. V6 engine.....

If you have a 2005 1500 Silverado with the 4.3L  V6 you have a tow rating of only 3100 lbs!  You are not going to tow any 5th wheel with that.  In fact, you are not going to tow much more than a tent trailer.  I hate to lay crepe on your dreams but that is just how it is.    The 1500 is little better than a sedan with a cargo bed.

If you were to tow a more reasonable unit full time use, you will need a truck in the 2500/3500 category with a big gas, or better yet,  diesel engine.

Tho I am a trailer type myself, I suspect that what you really need is a motorhome, A or C class, and a small sedan to tow behind it.

I can't store in my drive either, but the neighborhood is not the problem - it's trees and a fairly decent slope. We store our 5W nearby (6 miles away) in a secure storage facility that has perimeter ultrasonics that come on in the evening until the facility in open in the morning. Also the area has oodles and gobs of overhead lighting, so I don't worry (much), and there are quite a few other RV's there from trailers to MHs, but sure wish I could keep it home.

Larry

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom