Storing camper east side of utah/Arizona? Where, not to have to winterize???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanglemoose

We usually store our camper in Overton, Nevada area.. by vegas, we are playing on east side of Utah.. Arizona, Monument Valley area. Where to store where we don't have to winterize... how far south do we have to go... New Mexico, Arizona, ???

Altitude will be your problem, I spent a night in Springerville, AZ at nearly 7,000 ft elevation 2 years ago (almost to the day), and the lows were 12F that night, even with heated basement, but exposed dump valves my black water had became slush, and I had to wait until about 10 am for it to thaw enough to dump, even then it was a plug of slush moving through the hose.

Check various cities by using Wikipedia.

For an example, see the weather chart here for Yuma, AZ. Note the average overnight low is near 50°F on the coldest month at the coldest time of year.

But there are rare exceptions. Yuma's record cold was 22°F. But probably not for long enough to require to be winterize if stored there even then.

I am only using Yuma for an example. Pick your own city by doing a search, such as a google on "Tucson wikipedia"

And then get this.

-Don- Reno, NV

Maybe CA, I live in south central NM and we get freezing weather several times a season. I blow the water lines so it's easy to do and undo the winterizing. (put a little cooking oil in the toilet to keep seals soft.)

Maybe CA, I live in south central NM and we get freezing weather several times a season. I blow the water lines so it's easy to do and undo the winterizing. (put a little cooking oil in the toilet to keep seals soft.)
I keep my old RV in Auburn, CA and I have not winterized it since it has been there (for many years).

My new RV will soon be there as well. I will leave for my Florida trip in a couple of weeks form there in CA. And return it to there as well.

Gets too cold here in Reno. Here, RVs must be winterized usually by the next few weeks.

-Don- Reno, NV

In AZ you need to get down off of the Mogollon Rim which runs from approx. North West to South East across the state. You will be ok in Willcox, Safford, or Douglas MOST winters but no guarantees. In NM you will get some freezing nights for a few days each winter. In the far south it is possible to avoid winterizing if you are living in the RV. Columbus and Deming, NM are popular winter havens as are areas around Las Cruces, although I still winterize when in storage.

Back
Top Bottom