Strainer cap on water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cic317

Hi All,
Getting ready for fist trip since 2019. while sanitizingpump.JPG water system, found a leak at the pump strainer, bottom section of removable cap fell off. Guess There must have been a little water left in system. Is this cap replaceable? New pump? I was thinking about a fix with epoxy.
What is the recommendation of all the Grugru's?
Thanks

Pump is shurflo 4008 rv revolution bypass pump, after a little more investigating, I realized the strainer is separate. Unfortunately the quickest I can get a strainer local or on line is after we weekend we're using the trailer. So Just picked up some JB weld for plastic. Will report back on how repair goes

Remove the strainer housing and connect the line directly to the pump. Grab an inline blue filter at Walmart that will do a better job anyway. The strainer is only good for the larger rocks and sticks... ;)

That raw water strainer is sold at most any RV supply store, about $15.
A new 5er we bought had one, pump would run, no water pressure. I removed this strainer and found it full of clear plastic shavings from fresh water tank installation; IE: cutting holes in the tank for plumbing.

The entire pre-strainer assembly is only a few dollars.. If you are near Flint Mi I have one you can have no charge if it's where I think it is. (not d selling, not shipping, not worth the hassle)

Update- Strainer repair held, Pump reinstalled, powered up ok. Now the pump will cycle constantly, water backing up thru city water hook up. Tried the bypass valve, pump runs constantly.
So is there a check valve that was damaged as well? where? In the pump or in the piping between holding tank and city water fill.
So much for a relaxing Sunday afternoon...

Oh my, you are having issues same as I am. I did find a check valve and asked a similar question for advise.

At the city water inlet, there is a check valve. Remove the screen filter inside the hose fitting. In the center is a check valve. Using something soft like a pencil with a eraser push it in and let it snap back a few times

Well The check valve at city water hook up was the culprit. Thank you Rene.
Hopefully that's the last kink in the system for this season

Glad I could help and thanks for getting back to us. Make sure you put the screen back in. Good time to install a new one. You can get them at any home improvement or hardware store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom