Streets and Trips 2007 Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

Have been looking online for the 2007 version of the S&T software and all I can find are DVDs, no CD-ROMs. Can't even find a CD version on Microsoft's website. I don't have a DVD on any of my computers. Is there a way of getting the software from a DVD to a CD or installed on a non-DVD computer?

Thanks.

Jim Godward

Bruce,

I wanted some stuff on a DVD on my old laptop so did it from another computer that had a DVD and put them both on the same network and transferred the data file, then installed it.

Ned or one of the others may have a better way.  G

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
The standard optical drive today on all computers is the DVD, either -ROM or recordable, and CD only drives are almost impossible to find.  The price of a DVD drive is so low, there is no advantage to a CD drive any longer.  Unfortunately, older notebook computers are usually not upgradeable so if they have only a CD drive, then the easiest method is Jim's.  This won't always work for installing software from DVD, but one possibility is to copy the entire contents of the DVD across the network to the hard drive of the target computer and install from there.  But the chances are a computer old enough to have just a CD drive won't have a very large hard drive either.

If the computer is not a notebook, then the obvious solution is a DVD drive to replace the CD drive.  Can be done for <$100.

BruceinFL

Looks like my most cost effective solution would be an external DVD drive so I could hook up to the laptop and desktop.

The entertainment crowd is taking over laptops.....glossy highly reflective screens (just great for outdoor/high light area use  :mad: ) and DVD drives.

Top Bottom