Suggest a charge controller for lithium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willowflowage

I'm building a small battery box for a new 6ah lifepo for charging phones lights ect.
Can anyone suggest a cheap efficient pmw charge controller?
50 amp solar panel and battery come to 80 bucks so what do I need for a fit for this please?

Nice project.

Just a friendly suggestion.

You might want to put some kind of insulating pad under the inside top of your box to make sure that your battery terminals do not short out with a metal box.

Another minor suggestion would be a fuse in the positive wire between your battery and the outlet.

Last edited:
I noticed the description of that controller stated positive ground. I don't have anything about solar. Better check with one of the solar gurus here.

Nice project.

Just a friendly suggestion.

You might want to put some kind of insulating pad under the inside top of your box to make sure that your battery terminals do not short out with a metal box.

Another minor suggestion would be a fuse in the positive wire between your battery and the outlet.
Good advice. It is fused but hidden in the pic. Also it's hard to tell but I have a insulating liner glued in the lid.

I noticed the description of that controller stated positive ground. I don't have anything about solar. Better check with one of the solar gurus here.
Thank you. I noticed this also and read up a little. It sounds like say for an rv if your grounding to the chassis that you'd hook the positive term to the chassis with a positive ground system. With my portable I'm not grounding to anything so it's just hooked up pos to pos, neg to neg. I think that's the deal.
I read up a bit on this,
And I think I'll be fine as it sounds like it shouldn't matter on my ungrounded system which is a portable box. Thanks for pointing it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom