Summer trip 5/5/07>8/16/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredethomas

Moderator Emeritus
Daisy and I are interested - and working on a trip that will begin after Moab [at Blanding] working our way along RT 95 to Torrey, to Goblin Valley State Park, Red Fleet, Dutch John, Ut., kemmerer, Wy., Massare Rock State Park, Id then ????? to the FMCA in Redmond, OR.  Looking for others that would be interrested in the trip or part of the trip.  Need to tailor it to others input that might be going.  If interested please e-mail your address, comments etc to [email protected].  Am missing many e-mail addresss.

fredethomas said:
Daisy and I are interested - and working on a trip that will begin after Moab [at Blanding] working our way along RT 95 to Torrey, to Goblin Valley State Park, Red Fleet, Dutch John, Ut., kemmerer, Wy., Massare Rock State Park, Id then ????? to the FMCA in Redmond, OR.

Fred,

Linda and I are planning to go to Torrey after Moab again next year. Then we plan to go to Kanab where I intend to hike to The Wave at the UT/AZ border. All this hinges on my health and whether I can get into shape for the hike. It is only three plus miles but can take close to 4 hours because of the terrain. I have always wanted to see The Wave and if I don't do it soon may never make it. It is fairly hard to get a permit to do the hike; only 20 people are allowed to make the hike per day and your name is selected by lottery for your desired date. Time will tell whether I can get into proper hiking shape and luck out in the lottery.

We had a great time at Torrey last year which was our second visit to Capital Reef. There are lots of things to do in the Torrey area and another trip is in order for us. You can put our names on your list for at least the first part of your trip.

We haven't decide what we are doing after The Wave. With a new granddaughter (our first grandbaby) coming in early January, Linda may insist that we head back to Rochester ASAP. Then there is the health of Linda's mother in Indiana which may influence our plans.

Regards to Daisy.

Richard

Going to have to look up The Wave on Google Earth or Topo 6 and see what it looks like.  There is a huge ridge that runs from the SE in a NW direction down that way.  Shows up on Topo.  Wonder if that is it?

Fred & Daisy,

Stop by and see us in Dillon, MT if you can.

Jodie and I are enjoying Morro Bay, CA until after Christmas and then we move to Grover Beach.  Watched Christmas decorated boats on the bay last night--pretty!

Regards,

--Steve, Jodie and Posie Cat

fredethomas said:
Going to have to look up The Wave on Google Earth or Topo 6 and see what it looks like.  There is a huge ridge that runs from the SE in a NW direction down that way.  Shows up on Topo.  Wonder if that is it?

http://www.zionnational-park.com/coyote-buttes-paria.htm

Fred & Daisy,

We may be heading that same way after Moab. The plan (at least at this time) is to be full-timing about the time of the Moab rally and then heading toward Oregon to finish establishing Oregon residence, also to visit my parents in La Pine. Of course, all this is subject to getting rid of all our 'stuff' before May. Should be some great yard sale deals at our house in the spring if anyone is passing this way.

Wendy

It's too far out in our planning horizon. I'll check back in later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom