Suncruiser TV etc. Inverter problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rich488

All of a sudden my inverter than runs TV etc on my 05 Suncruiser no longer has 120v output. Green light comes on and unit hums like it always did either connected to shore power or not but no output.
Reading older posts indicates maybe it is toast but I see no way to get it out. You could not get a hair between the top of the case and the roof of the cabinet so it?s not about to be layer over and there is a ledge in front of it.
Btw, there is the on/off swithch and a white two button on/off.  What does the white one do? The buttons act kind of funny and I?ve got a feeling problem could be there.
I?m leaving on a trip next Thursday and not having juice to TV etc. is going to be annoying. I hav3 a nice pur3 sine wave inverter sitting around I might be able to rig up but how to get old one out? I must be missing something.  Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Pull the front panel off. It is probably held in with velcro. The problem is probably a breaker or fuse.

You can connect the new inverter to the 10 gauge wire the existing inverter is wired with. The existing one has a built in transfer switch so you will have to work around that.

Getting the from panel off is easy but the inverter is in a steel box. That is a &$@#&*$# to get undone. Screws on very difficult places  including inside the box all the way in the back of it. Took 30 minutes to get 3 screws out.  Stupid, stupid design.
The inverter is reasonably held down with two side tape or the like. It looks lik3 the two white button switch may be the problem. The off button is in and pushing the other side should make it pop up right? Does not do it.
Why is there two on/off switches?

The white buttons are for the GFCI which protects the outlets in the back if the inverter.  My understanding is that a GFCI will not reset is there is not 120 volts present.  Have you checked the output breaker on the front of the unit?  If the output breaker is is not tripped, the unit may be bad.

Rich488 said:
All of a sudden my inverter than runs TV etc on my 05 Suncruiser no longer has 120v output. Green light comes on and unit hums like it always did either connected to shore power or not but no output.
Reading older posts indicates maybe it is toast but I see no way to get it out. You could not get a hair between the top of the case and the roof of the cabinet so it?s not about to be layer over and there is a ledge in front of it.
Btw, there is the on/off swithch and a white two button on/off.  What does the white one do? The buttons act kind of funny and I?ve got a feeling problem could be there.
I?m leaving on a trip next Thursday and not having juice to TV etc. is going to be annoying. I hav3 a nice pur3 sine wave inverter sitting around I might be able to rig up but how to get old one out? I must be missing something.  Thanks in advance for your expertise.
If this is just a flat screen TV and no satellite receiver then just get a cheap 100watt inverter, plug into the 12V cigarette lighter type outlet and use an extension cord to the TV set.  A 32" flat screen TV pulls less than 3 amps of 12V DC through an inverter. It doesn't have to be a PSW inverter.

That will get you going for your trip.  Then you can fix the problem when you have more time.

Fortunately I have a very nice pure sine wave  inverter that will get the job done for my trip. I just hate having something not right on my rig.
Next up is the leak8ng windshield but I?ll post separately on that.
Thanks everybody.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom