Sunlight Skyhawk Truck Camper Manual Wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharidue

I am looking for a manual on my late 1980s/early 1990s Sunlite Skyhawk slide in truck camper. Anybody have a lead on a good source for info on these old campers, especially an owners manual?  Thanks so much!

sharidue said:
All I want to do is see if I can change the old lightbulbs out for LEDs. Thanks so much!

That's an easy question to answer.  Take out a lightbulb, find it's number and google "xxxx LED replacement bulb".

You'll find lots of plug and play replacements.  Look for ones that are regulated because a camper's 12 volt system isn't always exactly 12 volts and unregulated LEDs are picky about their supply voltage.

Take note of the physical sizes and the direction of the LEDs.  For example, for a flushmount ceiling fixture you want a replacement that sends it's light out from the sides, not one that's end fire. Or a square panel you can tape in place (usually with included double sided foam tape) with a short pigtail going to the bulb socket.

The problem is that I can't figure out how to get them out. They are in some kind of metal casing. I thought the manual might instruct since I don't want to wiggle or force too much when I don't know what I'm doing. Here are pictures. Thanks Lou.

Attachments

• IMG_9945 (1).jpg
    IMG_9945 (1).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9948 (1).JPG
    IMG_9948 (1).JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 10
Press in on the bulb slightly (towards the socket) and rotate it a quarter turn until the tabs on the bulb line up with the slots in the sockets, then they'll pull out.  You may only be able to rotate the bulb in one direction.

Glad it worked!  BTW, I moved this discussion to the Truck Camper section where it's more appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom