Super C class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BMPDave

Looking to buy my first RV and leaning toward a new Gulfstream Super C. Any comments, opinions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

???

BMPDave said:
Looking to buy my first RV and leaning toward a new Gulfstream Super C. Any comments, opinions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

???

We have never owned a Gulfstream product but from the advice we were given by a dealership in Vermont we will never own one either.  Also have a friend that has had notthing but problems with theirs.  Support was so poor it went to court.  Have heard many other hoor stories about GS too. 

The Gulfstream Endura is a really nice looking rig.

Jayco has a similar super-C called the Senaca - very plush and well-equipped. It's available with either diesel or gas power and there's a toy-hauler version too.

Personally I think a Class A gives more bang for the buck than a ClassC of the same size - the price is pretty much the same and you usually get much more space underneath (the Class A constrction provides a "basement") and a much better driving position (higher, better road view, better mirrors, etc.). It will be roomier inside too, because the driving area is part of the living room rather than a separate cab.

;D

Well I did it. I pick up my 2006 Endura with diesel and all the bells and whistles this Saturday. The wife and I felt the super c was a little more durable for us first time buyers. We also felt a little lost in all the openness in the front of the A class models while driving.

Any thoughts out there on the motion satellites?

Congratulations!  It's not unusual for first time buyers to feel a bit more comfortable in the more car-like cab of a "C".  It's an illusion, but feeling comfortable is necessary to enjoyment.

The what?  Do you mean tv satellite dishes that work while the vehicle is in motion? Or perhaps satellite navigation systems (GPS)?

tv satellite dishes that work while the vehicle is in motion...that would be correct.

The GPS I have already...Garmin StreetPilot c340...so far it been reliable.

>>tv satellite dishes that work while the vehicle is in motion...that would be correct.<<

TracStar is the Cadillac followed by King Dome which licenses some of their technology....If you want an automatic non-inmotion dish go with Moto-sat.

BMPDave said:
Well I did it. I pick up my 2006 Endura with diesel and all the bells and whistles this Saturday. The wife and I felt the super c was a little more durable for us first time buyers. We also felt a little lost in all the openness in the front of the A class models while driving.

So, how do you like your Endura Super-C so far?

Did you add a satellite dish?  If so, which one and who did the installation?

No dish yet-just haven't had time to deal with it. The Endura has had 'small' issues and from what my RV Friend's locally tell me they all do.

1. window leak
2. cabinet doors that wont stay closed
3. missing screws in the awning brackets
4. leveling jacks leaked.
5. front tv sits to low and is partly blocked when trying to watch from the couch...this one I will have to correct myself I have been told

So far everything has been fixed or are being fixed this week. The diesel is a dream-driving up the mountains in Virginia, western Maryland and Pennsylvania I was passing all the gas motor RVs with ease! That trip from my home in Florida put on 2500 miles and I averaged 10mpg with my top cruising speed at 65mph. Faster than that is starts to wander. So far we are happy with our first RV. 75% of its use is long weekends at my job as a motorsport event coordinator so its usually just me in it but next time I will concider a class A pusher just because I will want more room for when my wife and I travel.

BMPDave said:
...The Endura has had 'small' issues and from what my RV Friend's locally tell me they all do.
1. window leak
4. leveling jacks leaked.
5. front tv sits to low and is partly blocked when trying to watch from the couch...this one I will have to correct myself I have been told

...next time I will concider a class A pusher just because I will want more room for when my wife and I travel.
Which window was it that leaked?

Did the jacks still work and support a load or could you not move them up/down?

Is this the swing-out flat-panel tv on the right side or the fixed tv in the center?

Which model did you get, the 6316?

Glad you are enjoying it!

Four windows leaked (around the outside of the frame). I was able to seal three. The forth one is to the right of the entry door. Jacks still worked fine...o-rings were missing in the hose connection at the pump. Fixed TV in the center...I'm going to take it out and put it in my house then mount a flat panel on a door. That way it can be high enough to see and I can use the new found space behind it as storage. My model is the 6316. I like the separate shower and head areas. The shower door tends to drip on the carpet when you open it...I just put a bath mat under it and problem solved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom