Super C's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie

My wife and I are considering Super C's.? We have a young family and we particularly like the cabover bed that we just can't find in a class A.

We've looked at the Seneca and the Endura.? We noticed that Gulfstream has a line called the Ultra Super C.? As far as I can tell its the Endura with a lower grade finish package and a lower price.? I've seen 1 or 2 used ones, however, I can't find a new one on the west coast.? That makes me nervous.? Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Hi Ernie,

Be sure to take the rig for a good long test drive. I've driven a Seneca and it seemed to be sensitive to corrections in steering. One must not "oversteer" it. Can't help you with finding one on the west coast but I know where there's one in CT. :)

I'm buying the Endura with a Diesel, as I need to tow an 8000# race car trailer, and felt that a Diesel was the better choice for towing....I test drove the Ultra Super C, with the gas engine, which was surprisingly easy to drive....it felt much lighter and smaller than it is....I also like the bed over cab for the kids....The 07 will offer the diesel as an option in the ultra, whereas I had to go up to the Endura to get a diesel....if you are buying gas, then its not an issue....I found some nice ones on ebay with very good prices, gas around 75k and diesel enduras in the low-mid 90's....I dont think there is any reason other than maybe market reach for not seeing the enduras/ultras out west....we see more of them than Jayco or bigfoots out east....I'm picking mine up in FL in a few weeks and driving it back to NJ....good luck in your search!

Thanks for all the good feedback.  Can anyone tell me what the differnces between the Endura and the Ultra Super C lines are?

Thanks again, Ernie :D

not much difference other than the price....the endura pkg gives you the one piece cap on the over-the-cab area vs. traditional seamed panels, corian counter top, and a few otheritems....best to check with the dealer/brochure....prior to 07 models, diesels were only offered in the endura model

NJ2000R said:
not much difference other than the price....the endura pkg gives you the one piece cap on the over-the-cab area vs. traditional seamed panels, corian counter top, and a few otheritems....best to check with the dealer/brochure....prior to 07 models, diesels were only offered in the endura model
Just bought a new 2006 Ultra gas Super-C.  It has Corian counter tops although it does not show or mention them in the brochure.  The 2006 brochure does say that the Duramax 6.6L diesel is an option.

Not to flame the super C but for 100K I could buy a helluva used DP with a big engine that would outpull and be more luxurious than the soon to depreciate like a brick super C.

Mblaster said:
Not to flame the super C but for 100K I could buy a helluva used DP with a big engine that would outpull and be more luxurious than the soon to depreciate like a brick super C.
Thanks for "not" flaming, but I only spent about 65% of that to get one on year-end clearance.

This forum doesn't get as much C chatter as some of the other RV forums around.  I have read on other forums that Gulfstream has a significant history of substandard construction and even worse, lousy cutomer service.  Check out some other forums and do some searchs on Gulfstream.  I was not in the market for a Gulfstream product and therefore have no direct knowledge of the company, so I can only pass along second hand information, but if half of what I have read is true, it may be a product to stay away from.

update:  I picked up the endura, spent a few nights in it, put 2000 miles on it, towed my race car with it, and other than some minor issues (most of which I took care of myself or at the chevy dealer under warranty) everything is great....sure, the minor build quality issues are there, but they are not isolated to gulfstream products....I've looked at many other brands during my search, and saw they had the same issues....overall, its a great product for the price....

Back
Top Bottom