Survey for Grad School Student - Tank Monitoring Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leftcoaster

I am a graduate school student at UCLA working with a patented level sensor technology that could be a solution for RV tank monitoring blues. I would greatly value your taking 30 seconds to answer a few short questions in regards to tank monitoring systems (no personal information is requested). The link to the survey is below. Thanks for those willing to help out this grad student!

To the moderators - if there is a better way to go about this, please inform me. The more responses, obviously the better research for me and the potential for a real solution. Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated! --DAK

http://ucla.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0iI1dfLQ0P2IhaQ&SVID=Prod

Yeah, RVs is a larger class than just motorhomes.? It includes trailers, many of which have fresh, gray, and black water tanks and sensor problems.

With that thought, I am moving your message to our General section.

By the way folks, I have checked this poster's site and it appears to be a genuine effort from the UCLA Anderson School of Business.? ?Give him a hand.

Thanks for the plug, Carl.

I feel quite certain that the sensor technology can ease the pain of tank measuring issues. The trick will come with production costs to achieve a reasonable selling price and hopefully making the sensor compatible with current system displays.

How can you improve on Winnebago's TRUE LEVEL exterior tank level sensors?!?!?!!?!?

Gary  I believe yhou have the best idea  Something on the nature of the Valvoline oil containers.  Perhaps a  Vinyl strip intergrated in to the moded tank itself.

My Class B has external sensors on all three tanks.  the fresh water sensors work great, the gray water sensors seem to work, but the black water sensors hardly work at all.  After emptying the black water tank, I use a spray wand to rinse the inside of the tank, and it shows empty for a while.  Once there is some water in the tank, it shows 2/3 or full all the time.  I have a 3/8 in dowel marked in gal that I keep with the sewer hose that works through the toilet.
Art

Back
Top Bottom