Switching out stove for clothes washer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Has anyone considered changing out their stove for a clothes washer or other appliance? In the 5 years i have lived in this RV i have only used the stove 1 time for some ramen noodles, and have never used the oven. I do all my cooking in the microwave so i really dont need the stove at all. However i do need a washing machine, i would use that all the time. :)

I use my stove all the time , i dont belive in microwaves they are nothing but a cancer enabling gimmic , besides our washer hook up is 20ft away from the stove. I would hate to see what you eat.

I wouldn’t take anything out until you find a washer that will fit in that space. But, assuming you can find such a machine, you would have to make sure plumbing (hot, cold, and drain) and electric (120 volt AC) are available nearby. Assuming you can check all those boxes, I would think it’s doable.

If you ever plan to sell the RV it may be tough to do so.

I am planning to raise the sink in the head area and put the combo washer/drier under the vanity. Water, drain and power already exist here.

Also as you plan this make sure there is nothing in the way of the wall that would stop you from putting the vent through.

Thanks everyone,

I was planning to keep the stove and store it someplace in case i do sell the rv one day. But after doing more research regarding options, and the fact that i may have to beef up the stove compartment as water is very heavy, this might be a better option.

Seems to fullfill the need :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom