Tahquamenon Falls State Park in the Winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Got back a few days ago from spending a weekend camping with our van at Tahquamenon.  Had a great time.  Slide show with music attached.  https://youtu.be/utnL3gqAQ3M

Wow! Great pix. Thanks for allowing me to visit that place from the warmth of my home.  ;) Btw, I didn't see any grits in that picture of your bkfst dish. :( :D

Beautiful place. However the mosquitoes all but destroyed our visit in early summer. Couldn?t be out of the coach to BBQ or for a campfire. With the help of a Deet shower we hiked to the falls.

We normally avoid mid May to mid July because of those critters.  About mid July things start drying out and the mosquito population greatly decreases.  We always carry mosquito head nets with use and have two sets of exterior clothing treated with Sawyer permethrin (a treatment lasts several months).  Instead of deet we use Sawyer Picaridin lotion on exposed skin.  Its effectiveness is longer lasting than deep.  These are our personal preferences and work for us.  Happy travels.

Have been there a few times in the Summer...  One of the most beautiful places I've been.

As much as I like it here in South Carolina in the winter.

Michigan in winter is one BEAUTIFUL state... I mean many Times I've hiked through a Christmas Card grade landscape...  (Some of those days you'd now want to be driving,. but back then I went out the door with two on the floor in my Conner's Foot Mobile (Modified line from a song. the original was Addias but I'd more likely be wearing US made Conner's tennis shoes)

Actually I wore boots over leather.

BruceinFL said:
Wow! Great pix. Thanks for allowing me to visit that place from the warmth of my home.  ;) Btw, I didn't see any grits in that picture of your bkfst dish. :( :D

Think they were on the  menu but they are not to me liking.  I know some people love them. 

Len and Jo said:
Got back a few days ago from spending a weekend camping with our van at Tahquamenon.  Had a great time.  Slide show with music attached.  https://youtu.be/utnL3gqAQ3M

Beautiful Place for sure.  If you don't mind.....What are you using to edit those photos into your videos you posted on you tube?  Very nice touch for sure. 

BTW, that was sand in those pics?  ;)

Down here in TX it is few and far between a 1/2" dusting of sleet and snow.

I do see the effectiveness of wearing the snow shoes like that, which I am guessing is the proper way to wear snow shoes.... at 2:36 min

Stay Safe!

JD

X-Roughneck said:
Beautiful Place for sure.  If you don't mind.....What are you using to edit those photos into your videos you posted on you tube?  Very nice touch for sure. 

BTW, that was sand in those pics?  ;)

Down here in TX it is few and far between a 1/2" dusting of sleet and snow.

I do see the effectiveness of wearing the snow shoes like that, which I am guessing is the proper way to wear snow shoes.... at 2:36 min

Stay Safe!

JD

Use Microsoft Movie Maker.  You can put both pictures and movies into it.  You can add free Youtube music and clip the start or end if needed.

There are several snowshoe bindings out there.  The ones we use are fairly common ones.  Just bought some "modern" snowshoes but have not had a chance to try them with this coronavirus going around.  The "traditional" ones like mine are great on deep powder.  The "modern" ones are best on packed icy snow.  If one is breaking trail in 1-2 feet of fresh snow the traditional large snowshoes are the only option.  The trails we were on in the slide show were already broken in and the modern smaller shoes would have been easier to use but the traditional ones worked.  Stay safe.

PS:  stuck at home now but wife is using the time to make face masks (she has made 80+ so far and her quilting group has provided over 100 to a local nursing home and many dozens to doctor offices and nurses.

Very nice presentation.  I am going to have to experiment with that.

JD

Back
Top Bottom