Talk about dumb!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trudy

Greetings everyone. I've been reading many posts on your board and decided it was about time to jump in. My husband and I are semi-retired and decided it's time to "see the world" via a little camper!  We are in our late 50's and our only child (who never cared to travel) just left for college. We figured with a travel trailer we can take our Westie with us wherever we go.

We would like to start with a used travel trailer to get the feel of it. Due to the college issue, our funds are rather limited!  :(  Anyway, I will be asking questions elsewhere on the board because we have certain issues to consider with this trailer and I'm sure you all can help.

Thank you in advance.

Trudy (and husband Lonnie)

Trudy and Lonnie, welcome to our forum. Feel free to ask those questions and we'll try to get them answered.

Welcome, Trudy and Lonnie!

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you read the threads about determining what weight your tow vehicle can handle and have that information with you when considering which TT to purchase.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.  Thanks for joining us.

Welcome to RVForum.net, Trudy & Lonnie.

As has already been mentioned, the towing capacity of your tow vehicle is the very first thing you must consider. Even if you plan to buy something different to tow with, you need to think about the weight capacity of the vehicle versus the type and size of trailer you are interested in. If, for example, you have or want to stay with a minivan or passenger car, you are severely limited in your choice of trailer.

Not dumb at all.....  there is a lot of experience here....  you've come to the right website.
Art

Buy a Class A and tow the mini van  Best of both  worlds then.

Thank you all for your kind welcome. Maybe some day we will actually meet up with some of you at a camp site!!?

I already wrote some of this on another link, but I'll do so here also.? We have a 1/2 ton Ford pick-up. It is a 2004, V-6 with a tow package. My husband talked to Ford this afternoon and they say it can tow 5700#. Doing some of the calculations we've read here, we're thinking somewhere around 4845# GVWR would work. Did we figure this right?? If so, any ideas on a good light weight trailer?? Is there anything over 19' in that weight range??

Years ago we had what was basically a tent on wheels. Too bad we sold it!  ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom