Teardrop Trailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rj

Hello everyone.  I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong area.  I'm going to be in the market for a small camping trailer in the coming year.  The tow vehicle is going to be a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (3500 lbs of towing capacity).  I've been all set on getting a tent trailer when I came upon a company selling these tear drops.  They are wide enough to sleep three on a queen sized bed and are about the same price as a pop up (about $6k).

What I'm wondering is if anyone has one and what brand you have?  Do you have any reccomendations when ordering one?

Here the website to the one I found that I like
Camp-Inn Tear Drop

Thanks for any advice!
RJ

I've been looking at Teardrop Trailers and found the site you suggested but the one I was looking at was more than $10,000 and that's a little pricy for me.  I then found http://www.golittleguy.com .  Check it out.  Less money and fairly good looking product line.

CLoveday

a better place to go for info about tear drops is http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/index.php

I don't know the name of the manafacturer but on my way to visit Damon Plant 12 there is a company that makes teardrop trailers in various sizes... I think I have a suitcase or two that's bigger than some of their smaller ones :) (Designed for motorcycle towing I think)  The larger ones were simular to the "go little guy" link up thread

RJ,

IMHO, they're cute, but not very practical for anything more than a very few days on the road. Little if any headroom, and having to cook outdoors in the pouring rain is not something I'd care to do. Might I suggest you look at the hard-side fold down campers? Here's a link to a number of them. I've personally been inside an Aliner model, and it had almost everything you would want. Setup and teardown was done in a matter of a few minutes. Fold-down campers

A friend of mine was looking at one of these:

T@B Trailers

They seemed to have quite a few designs and options for what they are.

Good luck.

I think our VW Vanagon has as much space as one of those little-bitty things and it doesn't have to be towed. As a claustrophobe, those teardrops do not tempt me at all.

Me either Wendy. But each to his/her own.

wendycoke said:
I think our VW Vanagon has as much space as one of those little-bitty things and it doesn't have to be towed. As a claustrophobe, those teardrops do not tempt me at all.

Quite likely it does, however think of the teardrop trailer as one wall of a tent, or storage for said tent,  It's basically a modified tent camper,  The real room is in the tent part. 

Now understand I'm over six feet tall by over 300 lbs wide...  I'm bigger than some of those tear drop trailers :)

John In Detroit said:
Now understand I'm over six feet tall by over 300 lbs wide...? I'm bigger than some of those tear drop trailers :)

I'm guessing we won't be seeing you at Quartzsite in a tear drop????  :D

As for adding a tent to the trailer, I can do that with the VW Vanagon, too. Only thing I can't do is talk Mike into using it as a toad behind the Winnebago.

VolksWagon Vanagon would make an execlent towed so long as the transmission allows... It's a great ride.  My daughter's Godfather used to drive one.  Just one word of caution.. If you live in Micihgan, don't fill up at the Total station (He did, cost him over 300 to put in a new fuel pump when the water in his gas tank froze and cracked it.. Meanwhile I paid a couple of cents more over at Amoco and never had a problem)

Of course, I do like Detroit Steel (or at least US steel) but that does not mean the Vanagon is not a good ride

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom