Telescoping Bike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

Hi Y'all,
Been considering the Giatex Telescoping Bike (CW #27664). Does anyone have some hands-on experience with it that they can share?
Tahanks,

I have not seen this one, but the folders are pretty convenient.  My bro-in-law works for a bike shop and he has one he is working on me to get.  I think I will end up taking him up on it.  Easy to assemble and collapse etc. 

How much is this one?  This is an area where you get what you pay for.  If it is too inexpensive, (< 200) I would be suspect of the quality.  The best one have the joints that cost more than that, but there are very good ones in the 500 range.

Wait, I have seen these.  I was at Campng World in FL little while ago, saw these in the display.  Didn't recognize the name, but when I googled, I remembered the image of it.  Pricing is low for what it looks like.  I thought it was substantial.  I read some reviews, and the gist is, what do you plan on doing?  Riding around the RV resort, it will be perfect.  Want to do a tour and ride 50 to 100 a day?  Get a real bike.  For many RV'ers looking for a bike that will take care of their basic riding needs, it will do just fine. 

Doesn't get all that small when compressed however, so get a good idea on how you will be storing it.

Back
Top Bottom