Television Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msw3113

Images on the OEM 26" Samsung flat-screen in our Cameo were growing difficult to see. (Or maybe our aging eyes aren't quite so sharp anymore?) So we decided to upgrade.  Keeping the original location made the most sense, however the original horizontal orientation would limit screen size.  Plus, it had to fit behind a slide when in travel mode.

With some finagling and just plain luck, we were able to fit a 43" Samsung vertically in the space of the original by using a Sanus MF-215 mount that (1) collapses to a depth that allows the slide to pass without hitting it; (2) moves out from the wall; (3) pivots side-to-side; (4) tilts up and down; and (5) rotates from vertical to horizontal orientation. 

The OEM Samsung was mounted through the paneling to 3/4" cabinet-grade plywood which I used for the new mount.  Rather than use lags I opted for 5/16" bolts, large fender washers, and locking nuts secured from the rear of the linen cabinet behind the unit.  1" webbing straps and a sliced "noodle" on the bottom keep it secure while in travel mode.

We now have 791 sq in of viewing area vs 275 sq in original. The new unit is 4 lbs lighter, too.  At that size, we can see the picture clearly.  It's not quite Imax but it's certainly better than the original.  We're happy with the results.

Attachments

• slide in (Copy).jpg
    slide in (Copy).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 56
  • tv stored behind slide (Copy).jpg
    tv stored behind slide (Copy).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 55
  • straps off (Copy).jpg
    straps off (Copy).jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 57
  • tv rotated (Copy).jpg
    tv rotated (Copy).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 51
  • viewing position (Copy).jpg
    viewing position (Copy).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 54
  • tv mount extended (Copy).jpg
    tv mount extended (Copy).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 51
Perfect for you but wouldn't work for me. I'd be bumping into it all the time when walking by it.  :eek: ::) :-[ ;)

I'd be bumping into it all the time when walking by it.

That concerned me too, but on my first trip upstairs I discovered the whole unit will articulate to the left enough to allow unhindered passage to the bedroom.  (Or bathroom, adult beverages notwithstanding!)

Great job :)

I always had problems finding studs and things never would go where i first intended them to go. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom