Terrible Customer Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’ve never had a problem with Lowes veterans discount. Everything we’ve purchased there we got 10% off. I have had problems with HD. I was buying a lawn tractor and HD told me the veterans discount did not apply. When asked why I was told the manufacture did not honor it. I came home and called the mowers corporate office and they said that wasn’t true. They said HD determines what products they will give the discount for. I called HD and spoke with the manager and he couldn’t give me a reason why I was told that. I rarely shop at HD anymore.

If we could all just learn to not get in the way of employees "doing their job" they could do it much better. As customers we need to realize we are the reason for bad service.
Really. Part of their job is waiting on customers with a smile on their face.

If we could all just learn to not get in the way of employees "doing their job" they could do it much better. As customers we need to realize we are the reason for bad service.
Really? Asking a question is getting in their way? What are they there for? Just stock shelves and check you out when you “find” what your looking for? Oh wait, you’re being sarcastic. You need to use an emoji or an lol at the end of your reply. :cool:

Really? Asking a question is getting in their way? What are they there for? Just stock shelves and check you out when you “find” what your looking for? Oh wait, you’re being sarcastic. You need to use an emoji or an lol at the end of your reply. :cool:
He may be serious

The first time I had to replace the water heater in our stick house I went to a local Home Depot during my lunch break. I found the exact model I needed but I couldn't get any of the workers to help me get it on the cart. I gave up after standing there trying to get their attention for 15-20 minutes.

I went back to work and related this to a co-worker. She said between the two of us we should be able to get it on the cart.

She was dressed up for a date after work. Short skirt, black hose etc. (she was quite buff and gorgeous) She never even had to touch the box. Those guys in the vests were on her like white on rice! Three of them RAN from wherever they were hiding. "Can I help you miss?", "Yes, HE needs a water heater".

She and I are still friends and I occasionally remind her about the water heater caper.

I have an even better story about shopping for a piano. :LOL:

Amazon has other problems. You can't talk to them, there is no phone number or human available if something goes wrong. On little things I just eat the cost if I get the wrong part but on larger items it can be a pain. One solution I've found is to simply call American Express and tell them I didn't get the right part and they cancel the sale. That seems to get Amazon's attention very quickly and they get in touch.

I try to only buy from Amazon itself, not it's third party retailers.

Like Mark and Sarge, I usually know what I want when I walk into Lowes and just need help finding it.

This is a generality but it has been holding true:

Always look for the "old guy" never the young guy. The old guy probably used to work in the trades and is retired and on a pension and picking up extra $$ working at the hardware store, he's usually happier and friendlier. The young guy is usually pissed off that his bachelor of arts didn't get him any farther than the paint aisle.
Gee, I talk to humans at Amazon. Yes, it is hard to find a phone number. I talked to a person just the other day to untangle the mess the automated assistant did 😳

in a minor defense of the Lowes folk, I, while not an electrician, have worked on electrical including service panels etc for 50 years. I had never heard of an underground meter base until this thread. I still have no idea what it is. Where I come from, even underground service drops have above ground meters.

in a minor defense of the Lowes folk, I, while not an electrician, have worked on electrical including service panels etc for 50 years. I had never heard of an underground meter base until this thread. I still have no idea what it is. Where I come from, even underground service drops have above ground meters.
Same here.

I had not heard of them either before this. But they do exist. Some meter bases are overhead only, some are underground only and some are combos.

Attachments

• CC2C2AE5-F8D6-4F5B-B06C-7F9997480F3F.png
    CC2C2AE5-F8D6-4F5B-B06C-7F9997480F3F.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Amazon has other problems. You can't talk to them, there is no phone number or human available if something goes wrong. On little things I just eat the cost if I get the wrong part but on larger items it can be a pain. One solution I've found is to simply call American Express and tell them I didn't get the right part and they cancel the sale. That seems to get Amazon's attention very quickly and they get in touch.
Wow, I have talked to a human at Amazon many times. 888-280-4331. And every time I have had to call them they solve the problem instantly.

I've never had a problem returning goods to Amazon.

Wow, I have talked to a human at Amazon many times. 888-280-4331. And every time I have had to call them they solve the problem instantly.
Thanks Tom. I put that in my contacts in case I have to call them. Never had to call them but you never know. I’ve never had a problem returning something.

I see that everyone has their sarcasm sensors turned way off!
If you are going to post sarcasm you need to end with an emoji or lol. We don’t know you. I’m a real sarcastic SOB. Gets me in trouble sometimes. But at my age I don’t really care. My wife knows when I’m serious and when I’m just pulling someone’s leg. After 50 years of marriage I guess she should know. Our grandkids are always asking her “Is Grampy kidding or not”. :cool:

I usually avoid asking for help finding something -- it's just not worth the hassle, because so few of them know where the item actualy is located. Unless they really do know what I'm talking about and know exactly where it is, I don't need someone to follow me around while I look for it.

I have been lucky to have usually gotten one of those retired experts to help me at HD. However, the other day I was looking for an item I have bought at HD before but it wasn't where it was before. I asked an employee and he said try isle 7. I said it wasn't there and he said to try another isle. I told him it wasn't there either. He gave me a disgusted look like I was really bothering the hell out of him. He then yanked an electronic device or a phone with the HD colors out of his vest, he plugged in the item name and told me exactly where it was. I couldn't help saying, "Thanks for letting me PRY that out of you."

It's not just Lowes or Home Depot.
Not too long after my wife passed, I walked into a Verizon store. I wanted to turn her phone off, and I had a question about cell data hotspots. The kid had no idea what I was talking about as far as the hotspot, and he couldn't even de-activate my wife's phone ("you have to do that online"). The first time I ever walked into a store to ask a question and left feeling dumber than when I walked in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom