Terry trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ursus

Hi there.
Thanks for letting me join.
I am a first time rv camper owner.i purchased a 1975 terry trailer two axle camper.And I haven't a clue lol.
Why does the stove fan run on the battery and not shore power ?

I can't find a converter.
I simply disconned the batter.pluged in shore power and the stove fan and light did not work

The stove fan, the furnace blower, and the lights all are normally 12v appliances. If you un hooked the battery, you also likely unhooked the converter also. No 12v, no fans. Hook the battery back up. When hooked to shore power, the converter will keep the battery charged so you can use all the 12v stuff.

Welcome aboard! Fundamentally most everything in your trailer runs on batteries or propane.

Only "high power" things like a microwave, fridge or air conditioner run strictly on shore power. The fridge might run on shore power as well as gas but micro and ac (if installed will not)

Therefore you gotta have batteries plugged in. And they are charged (usually) by an on-board battery charger which is powered by shore power...

Back then the converter/chargers generally required a battery to be operational. It was some years later that the devices got smart enough to work with or without a battery. In any case, an upgrqaded converter/charger should be fairly high on your to-do list. It will be more trouble-free, produce cleaner power and your batteries will last much longer. Those vintage chargers were brutal on batteries!

A 1975 may have a pressurized fresh water tank too - I've forgotten when RVs switched over to demand pump systems instead of pressure tanks.

Back
Top Bottom