Tesla Cybertruck camper company seeing lots of ore-orders.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since it doesn't exist yet outside of computer models, it's probably hard to say!
Yah for sure. Although you would think computer models would be able to calculate that. They would want to keep it in line with the payload of the Cybertruck.

Cybertruck advertised payloads differ greatly too, depending on model and number of engines, etc. It'd be interesting to know if this camper is made for the basic, or requires an upgraded model. Also talking about a truck that doesn't yet exist either!! šŸ˜

Since it doesn't exist yet outside of computer models, it's probably hard to say!
And its quite possible that the powers to be has thrown out a fantasy number of sales too in an attempt to generate interest before investing heavily in the production? This proposed vehicle is being pushed across the internet on several other forums that I follow. I bet this is done by some stock and stake holders, maybe some of those paid influencers.

Cybertruck advertised payloads differ greatly too, depending on model and number of engines, etc. It'd be interesting to know if this camper is made for the basic, or requires an upgraded model. Also talking about a truck that doesn't yet exist either!! šŸ˜

I hear ya. :)

And its quite possible that the powers to be has thrown out a fantasy number of sales too in an attempt to generate interest before investing heavily in the production? This proposed vehicle is being pushed across the internet on several other forums that I follow. I bet this is done by some stock and stake holders, maybe some of those paid influencers.
From what I gather it is delayed again till 1st quarter 2022. Rivian will probably beat them to market by a full 6 months.

Wife has a reservation on a Cybertruck. But her trailer tastes have gotten smaller, like teardrop smaller. Thinkin maybe weā€™ll go the EV SUV route. Itā€™s a year away. Lots of time to decide.

With the Rivian plant a few miles down the road from me (the Illinois one), I'm eager to start seeing some of them being test driven around town. And stored in the exterior parking that has to be hundred of acres in size, waiting to be loaded onto railroad car carriers and shipped out. I'm curious on when all that will start becoming visible to passersby.

It's pretty crazy that these two "start-ups" (especially Rivian, that doesn't even have a production vehicle on the road yet) are poised to redirect the entire automotive industry.

Who knows. Let us know when you see them. I think they projected begging of third quarter. To me that sounds like July or August. Keep us posted.

With the Rivian plant a few miles down the road from me (the Illinois one), I'm eager to start seeing some of them being test driven around town. And stored in the exterior parking that has to be hundred of acres in size, waiting to be loaded onto railroad car carriers and shipped out. I'm curious on when all that will start becoming visible to passersby.

It's pretty crazy that these two "start-ups" (especially Rivian, that doesn't even have a production vehicle on the road yet) are poised to redirect the entire automotive industry.
I saw an interesting story just yesterday talking about 1 in 5 EV car owners switching back to gas. The reason? hassles of charging. And in California no less,

1 in 5 electric vehicle owners in California switched back to gas because charging their cars is a hassle, new research shows
  • Roughly 20% of electric vehicle owners in California replaced their cars with gas ones, a new study shows.
  • The main reason drivers made the switch was the inconvenience of charging.
  • The findings suggest new challenges facing the growth of the nascent electric vehicle market.
In roughly three minutes, you can fill the gas tank of a Ford Mustang and have enough range to go about 300 miles with its V8 engine.

And at the end, the key line says it all.
Fixing the charging issue will require more participation from automakers, who have yet to find a profitable way of producing electric cars. Even Tesla, easily the leader in the category, was only able to eke out a first-quarter profit by selling energy credits and bitcoin.

"For all those legacy automakers, that profit and loss piece does matter. And that's why you're getting this half effort on electrification," Tynan said.

Read that. Infrastructure still has a ways to go in North America. Some regions more than others.

State after state is passing a "NO NEW INTERNAL COMBUSTION" laws...
Thus the truck will be in high demand when it does exist.
As for my opinion of this.... I need to do a lot more research so ... withheld for now.

Back
Top Bottom