Test photo attaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TandC

test of photo attachment
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNPuO8bxZ4hc7RgnHn1ljnfrDd6l0Wakc1pLI8M

TandC, what you posted is a link to another site.  If you want to post a photo within your post (most desirable) it is best to use the "attach photo" feature you'll see under your post as "Attachments and other options".  You put each photo in separately and it's one within your computer.  Each photo can be no more than 350KB with a maximum number of 12 photos per post.  By the way, it's desirable to post photos within your message because many of us don't want to go to a link.  Here's an example.  Compare yours to mine.

ArdraF

Attachments

• Newmar Ventana-1 (Medium).jpg
    Newmar Ventana-1 (Medium).jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 8
Didn't work.  Try making a secret group on Facebook with you as the only member, upload your photo there.  Then click on it and save it back  to your phone or laptop.  You will see the new one is much smaller file size then the original.  Post the smaller one here.  You can also search for previous threads on this forum for apps that will do it for you.

ArdraF said:
TandC, what you posted is a link to another site.  If you want to post a photo within your post (most desirable) it is best to use the "attach photo" feature you'll see under your post as "Attachments and other options".  You put each photo in separately and it's one within your computer.  Each photo can be no more than 350KB with a maximum number of 12 photos per post.  By the way, it's desirable to post photos within your message because many of us don't want to go to a link.  Here's an example.  Compare yours to mine.

ArdraF
Thanks,
What I'm trying to work around is this chromebook.  Chrome OS is a bit convoluted, and getting a photo in the right place and the right size is a lot of jumping through hoops, so I'm trying to find an easy method.  The only reason I'd like to use this thing is that it is (so I've been told) very resistant to viruses and the like.  It's linux based.  I've suffered through many problems with Windows machines, and even though I use one for editing pics and video, I don't like to use it online.

Bobtop46 said:
Didn't work.  Try making a secret group on Facebook with you as the only member, upload your photo there.  Then click on it and save it back  to your phone or laptop.  You will see the new one is much smaller file size then the original.  Post the smaller one here.  You can also search for previous threads on this forum for apps that will do it for you.
Thanks,
I'll figure something out.  That's a pretty good idea about the facebook trick.  I'll give it a whirl.

TandC said:
Thanks,
What I'm trying to work around is this chromebook.  Chrome OS is a bit convoluted, and getting a photo in the right place and the right size is a lot of jumping through hoops, so I'm trying to find an easy method.  The only reason I'd like to use this thing is that it is (so I've been told) very resistant to viruses and the like.  It's linux based.  I've suffered through many problems with Windows machines, and even though I use one for editing pics and video, I don't like to use it online.
What you can do is use this free app with Chromebook:

https://www.befunky.com/create/

Open up the photo, click on Resize and change one of the dimensions to 1000 then save the photo.

test using BeFunky

HEY,  it works.
Thanks SeilerBird.......

Attachments

• BeFunkyPhoto.jpg
    BeFunkyPhoto.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 15
You are welcome. I have been using BeFunky for a while and it is wonderful. It puts Lightroom and Photoshop to shame. Very easy to use, fast and free. And I have been using Chromebooks now for six years and getting a virus is an impossibility.

SeilerBird said:
What you can do is use this free app with Chromebook:

https://www.befunky.com/create/

Open up the photo, click on Resize and change one of the dimensions to 1000 then save the photo.

Interesting, I assume that the program will work on a Windows machine as well?

SargeW said:
Great, I have been running Chrome for about 15 years now.
Me too. I started running Chrome because I had to modify IE so it suited my taste. It looked like the people who designed Chrome did it just for me because Chrome looks like the way IE ended up looking.

Back
Top Bottom