Texas Destinations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

X-Roughneck Strike 3

For all those who love water and using it, beware of coming down to the Lone Star State.

Looks as if my little county of Tom Green did not make the 77 counties of the 254 that qualified for Disaster money.

With Napthalene, Benezene, acetone etc discovered in our water source you think they would have maybe done something for us renegades living in PO Dunk.

Pawns in the game of Life, LOL.

JD

Tom Green County has been added to the list of counties in the disaster declaration. However, the disaster declaration is to help people pay for damage caused by the winter storm, and the chemical contamination of San Angelo's water happened before the storm. Unfortunate timing, obviously, but unrelated to the storm.

JD, Over the years I have met a number of people from San Angelo, most seem to speak of it as being a nice place to live, etc. I have never been there, but have driven by as close as Eldorado, I even stopped there, bought gas and I think a some sort of hot food from the Stripes gas station about 18 months ago. I then saw an amazing site as I was about to pull out of the parking lot, an 18 wheeler oilfield truck pulling in there to fuel up, talk about a tight squeeze the truck cab barely fit between the pump and the old sign post, and the back half of the trailer was sticking out into the side street.

One of these days I guess I really should swing by San Angelo, maybe next time I am heading out west I will swing through that direction, are there any must see and do things you recommend.

Back
Top Bottom