Texas Tollway 130 from Georgetown south to the end.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eddieelk

Have any of the Winter Texans already in the Valley taken this toll way south.  What was the total toll for the entire trip.  I logged onto www.texastollways.com and got the rates, but am having problems figuring the cost for a 37' motorhome towing a Saturn wheels down. Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Eddie Elk.

eddieelk said:
Have any of the Winter Texans already in the Valley taken this toll way south.  What was the total toll for the entire trip.  I logged onto www.texastollways.com and got the rates, but am having problems figuring the cost for a 37' motorhome towing a Saturn wheels down. Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Eddie Elk.

Good question...I somehow got on a Texas tollway a few weeks ago...saw all kinds o signs saying thwere was a cost based on the number of axles but when I got to the end there were no toll booths...
Wonder if I'll get a ticket in the mail of if I got away with something...
Any ideas?

George

You'll get a bill in the mail.  They have cameras to photograph your license plates.

This will give you the rates.  I traveled the Georgetown to Buda leg in late Sept (leg from Buda to Seguin was not yet open).  Was well worth the price to avoid the traffic and loss of time going through Austin.

http://www.texastollways.com/austintollroads/english/rates.htm

jlazar said:
This will give you the rates.  I traveled the Georgetown to Buda leg in late Sept (leg from Buda to Seguin was not yet open).  Was well worth the price to avoid the traffic and loss of time going through Austin.

http://www.texastollways.com/austintollroads/english/rates.htm

Thanks for this info...and I'll look for the the mail..was worth the expense ..

George

There was an article in today's Austin Statesman about two people who did a test with both starting in Georgetown and winding up at the Alamo.  One went via I-35 and the other on 130.  The person who drove on 130 averaged 73 mph and got there 11 minutes before the other who averaged 57 mph.  I can't remember the difference in mileage but seem to think it is in excess of 20 miles (maybe 41?).  You have to be careful on the last (southernmost) part of the trip as there are roaming bands of javelina that have caused a few wrecks already.  I will take 130 everytime I head south (I live in Georgetown) rather than I-35, I don't care how much more expensive or how much longer it is.

The last section that opened (Buda to Seguin) is free until Nov 10 per overhead traffic signs in San Antonio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom