Texas Wildflowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Chet and anyone else interested:

Come on down to the Texas Hill Country the middle of April for some great photography.  From there, you can head for Moab.

I have attached a couple of photos to get your interest.  ;)

Attachments

• White Prickly Poppy 2 copy (Small).jpg
    White Prickly Poppy 2 copy (Small).jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Misty wine cups copy (Small).jpg
    Misty wine cups copy (Small).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 41
Lovely pics, Ron.

But, I can't make it down to Texas :(.

Ciao,

Doug

Ron,

Won't make it to Hill country but am hoping to make Death Valley. They say the flowers are the best in 100 years. Hope they aren't gone by!!

Ron from Big D said:
Chet and anyone else interested:

Come on down to the Texas Hill Country the middle of April for some great photography.  From there, you can head for Moab.

I have attached a couple of photos to get your interest.  ;)

Love to be there, Ron. Maybe some time. All my photos these days have a WHITE--------------and cold background. Here's one of Old Man Winter, smiling on his work.

Chet

Attachments

• Face in the snow.jpg
    Face in the snow.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 32
Jim Dick said:
Ron,

Won't make it to Hill country but am hoping to make Death Valley. They say the flowers are the best in 100 years. Hope they aren't gone by!!

Hope you're right Jim.  Enjoy it for me since I didn't get to go this year.

Ron

Ron M,
Maybe you should head out here to the deserts since this has been the wetest season in many many years. Might be a long time before one will see the desert in bloom like this.  You could just come straight across then go on to DV and enter from the south end. That road is open.

Chet,

Thanks for that url for the Death Valley wild flower pictures. SPECTACULAR!

Chet,

Thanks for posting that site URL.  Those are the most fantastic wildflowers than I have seen anywhere.  Makes me want to head over there.

OK Chet now youve done it.  I showed Sam the pictures on the web site of Death Valley (she was out earlier) and now we are considering heading that direction.  Not for certain yet but we are thinking about it.

Ron_Staff said:
Ron M,
Maybe you should head out here to the deserts since this has been the wetest season in many many years. Might be a long time before one will see the desert in bloom like this.? You could just come straight across then go on to DV and enter from the south end. That road is open.

Would love to Ron, but alas:  I have a rally to co-host in Kerrville coming up and I am going into the hospital next Monday for a heart stent.  :(  Hope all of you enjoy the scenery.

Ron,

Good luck with the stent.  Let us know how it comes out.  I expect they won't keep you very long, the beds are needed for the sick people :)

Ron from Big D said:
Ron_Staff said:
Ron M,
Maybe you should head out here to the deserts since this has been the wetest season in many many years. Might be a long time before one will see the desert in bloom like this.? You could just come straight across then go on to DV and enter from the south end. That road is open.

Would love to Ron, but alas:? I have a rally to co-host in Kerrville coming up and I am going into the hospital next Monday for a heart stent.? :(? Hope all of you enjoy the scenery.

Hope all goes well with the stent.  We can't go right away either as we have friends coming down from Nova Scotia.  They will be here two weeks.  The flowers will probably be almost finished after that.  We were thinking about it though.  Chet called said he was thinking about going out to DV too.

Good luck with the stent, Ron.  I may be headed that way myself, but for the moment I'm on the waiting list for an angiogram.

Ciao,

Doug

Ned said:
Ron,

Good luck with the stent.? Let us know how it comes out.? I expect they won't keep you very long, the beds are needed for the sick people :)

Very true.  I'll make it a point to get out quick. :)

Ron_Staff said:
OK Chet now youve done it.? I showed Sam the pictures on the web site of Death Valley (she was out earlier) and now we are considering heading that direction.? Not for certain yet but we are thinking about it.

Chet, When are you flying west to check out the wildflowers in Death Valley.  The flowers in DV have it the national news tonight and will be revisited tomorrow night on NBC.

Back
Top Bottom