Thankingabout tyrying to build my own Desk Top PC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
probably a good plan.
if a chromebook does what you need, then you saved yourself a lot of money, time, and frustration.

My understanding is the Chromebook does everything online, using Google Apps.
Basically a web browser machine.

If you ever do decide to build a machine, because space might be limited, the first thing you should look at is cases.  Find the case you want and then make sure all the components will fit into the case before you buy them.

Ernie n Tara said:
Rather than start from scratch I bought an Acer Aspire E 15 laptop and upgraded by substituting a 500G SSD drive  and 8G of fast ram. This is a basic computer with a HDD and limited memory (economy screen). It has DVD drive and multiple USB ports. The changes result in much improved speed (boots in a few seconds) and fully suitable for any use except gaming or really heavy number crunching for about $500.

If you go to Amazon and scroll down the comments you'll find detailed instructions with part numbers for this upgrade. Simple and quick to do and results in a truly useful system.
That's what Steve did to get me a laptop last May.  He has just got his today and is in the process of upgrading as his old one was getting a bit slow.  We also recommended this solution to TonyL on the forum for his wife and I think she is liking it!

Back
Top Bottom