Thanks and good bye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpistone

Well it was just 3 weeks ago that I joined and introduced myself to everyone. Got a couple of great answers that really helped me with my RV and I thank you for that.

Unfortunately two of your members - steveblonde (Calgary Alberta) and SeilerBird (St. Cloud Florida) posted some rather vile comments about me as I am a target shooter. I have competed in countless national shooting events and served as a firearm instructor while in the military and continued to teach safe firearm practices some forty years thereafter. But in the views of steveblonde and SeilerBird, I am a paranoid mass murderer. Let's just hope that one of the many law enforcement agencies I helped to train are never called upon to help these two.

I am leaving your forum and hope to find another without the likes of these two disturbed individuals.

Good luck to all of you and happy RV'ing!

Pretty thin skinned for having been in the military...just sayin'. ;)
For what it's worth, I was in the military for 10 years, have owned and used firearms for 60 years, not killed anyone yet, and I also carry guns in my RV(not as many as you, though). If I didn't carry them in the RV, I wouldn't have anywhere else to put them, since I live full time.
For what it's worth, I also thought both of the comments you refer to were out of line, but I tend to shy away from discussions on politics, religion, and electric vehicles, so I didn't want to add fuel to the fire.

Sorry to see you go.

I am sorry you took offence at my comments. Discussing firearms are not allowed on this forum and I am surprised the mods didn't delete your first post. Good bye and happy RVing.

Discussions about guns aren’t allowed on many forums because they always seem to degenerate into name calling. And there will be people you consider jerks no matter where you go, online or in person. It just goes with being around humans. That doesn’t mean they are jerks to others, just sometimes people press buttons they didn’t even know were there. My only (internal) comment on your post was “Where does he put his clothes?”

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s never the people actually discussing guns that cause a problem. Never.

It’s always the anti-gun crowd that lack the self-control to keep their mouth shut when others are discussing their hobby. Always.
Yes it is the people who bring the subject up that are the problem. Discussing guns is not allowed on this forum.

Tom, the poster was showing a storage solution, not discussing guns. He didn’t say anything about gun regulations, how he used them, no complaints about various states requirements - just storage.

Edit: I almost crossed the line into gun discussion, but I deleted. Hope nobody saw it!

Offense culture... Giving the minority a huge voice since 2015...

Don't like "everyone" on the internet? Not everyone agrees with you on the internet? What a surprise...

Only you allow yourself to be offended. No one else pretty much cares...

I'd say, "Sorry to see you go." but I don't know you so I don't even know if you'll be missed - LOL...

PS - My guns = My business. First rule of gun club...

Heck, while guns are not allowed to be discussed on most online forums, there are several that gets away with daily insults no matter the topic. Some people are just plain ugly, but I guess post count carries weight here. You missed out on the champion of snide remarks. I brought this up a few weeks ago, which went unnoticed. There are some that will follow you around with insults mask as a reply if you don't accept their premise on a given topic. Thankfully spending time on the road dilutes the time and care of childish and meaningless insults. Its really easy. We all control our mouses and keyboard that can click off and out of the internet at any given time. "Oh yea, you can check out but you can never leave", as the expression goes.:)

Whew.....in before the lock. I'll just say a couple of things here...I'm as Pro gun and Pro second Amendment as I can be, yet, many forums, this one included just simply not allow for the discussions of gun related stuff unless it possibly pertains to travel with a firearm....and those are mostly pretty short. If the thread turns political, it becomes ever shorter. One of the Motorcycle forums that I am a moderator on, has pretty strict rules about the discussion of politics and religion....and of course I have the right to ban a member if needed or close down a thread if needed. A few years back, someone started a discussion about carrying weapons on you while riding a motorcycle. I jumped in and reminded everyone that I would let it continue WITH the caveat that it doesn't turn Political OR become the main focus of the thread. It actually turned into a multi-page thread with some good ideas and sharing. I finally closed it down when a couple posts started in with the political side of the gun usage and the idea that guns were bad and evil. At the time though, I was present on the forum on and off at least 10 to 12 times during the course of the day and kept the place under a watchful eye almost constantly.

Discussing guns is not allowed on this forum.
It's not totally forbidden, Tom. Any such messages must be in the context of RVing, so how long guns are stored in an RV would seem to qualify. What is verboten is the more general discussions about weapons or political opinion about weapons of any sort.

And let us not forget there is also a forum rule that forbids "Any form of direct or indirect personal attack on another forum member".

Whew.....in before the lock. I'll just say a couple of things here...I'm as Pro gun and Pro second Amendment as I can be, yet, many forums, this one included just simply not allow for the discussions of gun related stuff unless it possibly pertains to travel with a firearm....and those are mostly pretty short. If the thread turns political, it becomes ever shorter. One of the Motorcycle forums that I am a moderator on, has pretty strict rules about the discussion of politics and religion....and of course I have the right to ban a member if needed or close down a thread if needed. A few years back, someone started a discussion about carrying weapons on you while riding a motorcycle. I jumped in and reminded everyone that I would let it continue WITH the caveat that it doesn't turn Political OR become the main focus of the thread. It actually turned into a multi-page thread with some good ideas and sharing. I finally closed it down when a couple posts started in with the political side of the gun usage and the idea that guns were bad and evil. At the time though, I was present on the forum on and off at least 10 to 12 times during the course of the day and kept the place under a watchful eye almost constantly.
This is why we don't discuss firearms on this forum. If you want to discuss guns and RVs then go to a gun forum. Any mention or photos will always turn sour.

Well it was just 3 weeks ago that I joined and introduced myself to everyone. Got a couple of great answers that really helped me with my RV and I thank you for that.

Unfortunately two of your members - steveblonde (Calgary Alberta) and SeilerBird (St. Cloud Florida) posted some rather vile comments about me as I am a target shooter. I have competed in countless national shooting events and served as a firearm instructor while in the military and continued to teach safe firearm practices some forty years thereafter. But in the views of steveblonde and SeilerBird, I am a paranoid mass murderer. Let's just hope that one of the many law enforcement agencies I helped to train are never called upon to help these two.

I am leaving your forum and hope to find another without the likes of these two disturbed individuals.

Good luck to all of you and happy RV'ing!
Sorry to see you go. This board tends to be one of the more unfriendly boards and name calling and juvenile impoliteness is not uncommon. But the mods do a good job of keeping the politics to a minimum which I feel is a plus.

Wishing you safe travels and happy days ahead. Take care.

This is why we don't discuss firearms on this forum. If you want to discuss guns and RVs then go to a gun forum. Any mention or photos will always turn sour.
My point is and was, the topics of guns, as related to the safe and legal way to transport them in an RV seems to be OK here, and as such, is allowed. It's when the political side of even having a gun, becomes the focus of the thread, they get cut off/closed out and the offender is usually warned.....as they should be. And honestly, I'd rather seek advice of how to safely and legally transport a firearm here, with people who RV, rather than a forum with folks who are gun folks and MAYBE RV too.

Well I for one am not an NRA supporter and do believe Assault Weapons should be banned.. That said I've done a bit of target shooting myself and see nothing wrong with it. It's a completive sport like baseball or Football. Only I'm better at hitting targets than ball games.

One friend of mine is even better.. With a 4" hand gun he shot 300 27X..

Well then the suspect decided to draw down and shoot at him one day (Yes he is a Law Enforcement Officer) suspect survived to stand trial.. Limped a bit. But he stood.

Had the LEO not been as good at shooting targets the suspect might have failed to survive to stand trial. So Target shooting is good.

Hey guys, it’s already starting to go down hill. Let’s keep it to the original subject of how to store your guns in a RV. PLEASE.

Reactions: Tom
I thank you for that.
Let us know if you cut that carpet and check out your batteries.

Good luck.

Not all people have the same opinions about firearms, skeet shooting and target shooting.

seilerbird Tom and Steve, did ya get up on the bully side of the bed today? Let's have a an in-depth look at the dresses in your closet. What's in there?

Post a pic of

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom