Thanks to Jim Dick....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
D2,

Just for the record:  you sign as D2 but what I would like to know is, which of you is R2 and
if you jointly send an email do you sign as R2D2?  :)  :)  :)

Glad you like Image Resizer, I love it!

JerryF

D2 said:
Beautiful pix, Jim.

I had an encounter with an alligator last year while fishing on the lake over off Baytree.  I knew there was a big one in the lake as I had seen him in the middle of the lake earlier.  I got engrossed in fishing and lost track of him.  I was standing about 5-6 feet from the lake's edge fishing and all of a sudden the alligator raises from underwater right at the water's edge where I was standing!!  :eek:  I backed away and he didn't follow - I was lucky that day but I sure learned my lesson.  They have since taken him out of the lake.

Hi Darlene,

Thanks, the area certainly makes it easy to get good photos.

As you learned you NEVER lose track of the gator! I had one watching me fish where Hidden Lakes is being developed. Mike and I had decided to try that lake. There was a large gator in the water not far away. I cast the line in and the gator headed in my direction. After about 3 casts I told Mike I thought we should move. We drove the cart around the lake about 200 yards or more away. I no sooner made the first cast and that darn gator came right over. When it got about 15' away and raised up on its legs I told Mike we are getting out of here!! I think it was during mating season which is the worst time to fool around with gators.

wendycoke said:
Beautiful pics, Jim. No place like Florida for birding.

Thanks, Wendy. We are very fortunate that we are on the flight path for bird migration on the east coast. Many of them winter there. They have a huge birding season in November when birders from all over the country and Canada come for a week of bird watching. Our area is really great for that.

Jim

Great sunset pics especially with the birds in it.

Lorna said:
Jim

Great sunset pics especially with the birds in it.

Thanks, Lorna. It sure is nice living near an area with such great photographic opportunities. :) You and Ned really need to come back someday. :) :)

JerArdra said:
... download the powertoy named IMAGE RESIZER and you'll never again use any other program for downsizing photos to send over the internet.
Given the (woeful) quality of the programs that Windows provides for viewing photos I find it much more valuable to people to recommend a fabulous graphic program, XNView. Download it for free from XNView.com (and also download the AddOns Package while you are there).

This is a great program for viewing your photos and resizing them if you want to. It also allows you to copy them, change formats, crop them, make them into a slide show. Heck, even after a year or more, I am still learning new tricks to do with it. Screen capture is just excellent.
I use PhotoImpact 10 for when I need to do any serious graphical manipulation but that is less than 5% of the time. XNView is just a great program and the price make it a definite advantage to all users.

Hi all,

Nice photos....  :mad: 

They (and many other things)  make it harder for me to head in to work  :mad:  on my weekend just to get ready for the upcoming week.

Hopefully, this time next year, I'll be getting ready to hit the road and will be able to share some of my own photos. :-\

Jim

We have to come back east at least one more time so I can finish seeing all the capitols east of the Mississippi.  I have gotten some really neat pics in Florida but since my son doesn't live there anymore it is harder to put Florida into the Street Pilot.  The desert flowers were great last year but the rain we had in the last two weeks have those cacti just bursting with blooms now if we could get all of them on any given cactus to open all at the same time it would be awesome.  We have one next to the coach that may have a half dozen open this week and if it does I will post a pic of it.

Lorna,

Well you'll just have to keep trying to get FL into SP. :) I can imagine how the cacti look. I have a photo of one that Jerry bought when we were at a rally. Sure was fabulous.

Jim

These were just a few of the cactus flowers that Russ and I took last night and this morning.  The white one is next to our coach, but don't know the name.

Attachments

• Happy Trails Cactus 016 (Small).jpg
    Happy Trails Cactus 016 (Small).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Happy Trails Cactus 003 (Small).jpg
    Happy Trails Cactus 003 (Small).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Happy Trails Cactus 006 (Small).jpg
    Happy Trails Cactus 006 (Small).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 20
Gorgeous pics, Lorna. Would anyone notice if you dug one up and brought it to Moab?????

Attached are three shots I took. The sunset is over the Indian River.

Just beautiful, Jim. Thanks for sharing.  :)  :)

Regards,
Liz

Lorna said:
Jim

These were just a few of the cactus flowers that Russ and I took last night and this morning.  The white one is next to our coach, but don't know the name.

Great shots, Lorna! They sure are pretty flowers.

Back
Top Bottom