The British are here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DogandBird

Hi everyone,

Total RV Novices Dave and Una here from the UK.

A few years back we had a dream of quiting the work thing and travelling while we still have our health and ability to travel.? Pipe dreams maybe, but the fickle finger of fate sometimes comes up trumps.? 2003 company restructuring gave rise to a number of redundancies (YIPPEEEEEE) and the dream becomes reality.

2004 found an RV on the internet at "The GreatOutdoors, NY", flew out, bought it and they stored it until we were ready to tour.

A year later we finished refurbs of our homes to rent them out and we are on our way.

October 2005 arrived in USA, picked up the RV (Fleetwood Flair) from the dealers and after a couple of days "Camping" at the dealership we are on our way to do the STATES, Big Time!!!

We've been here nearly a year now, with returns to the UK to satisfy immigration requirements, travelled 14,500 miles thru 28 states and are having a brilliant time.

Great forum, great country, great adventure

May it continue forever

Dave and Una

Dave and Una,

Welcome to our forum. Glad you decided to join us. Sounds like you've been having a whale of a time.

What part of the UK are you from? We have a number of Brits here who are doing or have done what you're currently doing. Many of us look on in awe.

Hi Tom,

Great forum, we've been reading the message boards for quite a while now and they have become part of our research tools for the trip.

We are both from a small town in SE England called East Grinstead, West Sussex.

A little more background:

My partner Una was a teacher, before we packed in working for a living, and myself a computer engineer and network designer.

But now, Full-Timing is the life for us

Looking forward to more from the forum

Dave & Una

Dave & Una,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.  Thanks for joining us. 

Dave,

I'm originally from the other side of the Severn Bridge (sunny South Wales). Used to sign myself as "Taff exiled in USA", but I always had to explain what a Taff is  ;D

Glad to hear you're enjoying life on the road and that you've been finding some useful stuff in the forum.

Whereabouts are you right now?

Tom,

I guess you must be a resident alien now.? How did you manage that?

Anyway, we're in Kansas at the moment, heading for a state park (El Dorado)? just east of Wichita.

When we're done there we will be heading into Oklahoma, Arkansas,Tennessee and then down to Florida where unfortunately we will put the RV in storage and have to go home for a while. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dave and Una

DogandBird said:
I guess you must be a resident alien now.  How did you manage that?

We've been naturalized U.S. citizens since the mid 80's after holding green cards (resident alien) for 5 years. The initial move prior to that was on inter-company transfer visas - we both worked for a California company in South Wales. So we're "legal" either side of the Atlantic  ;D

Dave and Una,

Welcom to the RV Forum. 

2004 found an RV on the internet at "The GreatOutdoors, NY",

Is that the name of a dealer in New York State?  We're familiar with an RV park in Florida called The Great Outdoors where a number of Forum members spend their winter.

Have you travelled in Canada during your adventure?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom