The Everglades, Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am all in favor of a mini rally.
Sounds good to me, but it looks like I will be up there on Xmas week. Xmas means nothing to me these days, but it could mean others are busy.

Anyway, I leave here on the 15th and spend another week at this place. That means I don't leave Lake O RV Park until the 22nd of Dec to head up to St. Cloud.

That Lake O. RV Park will be the first time I stayed at an RV Park that only allows RV's less than ten years old. It's kinda pricy, as I expect from those type of places.

-Don- in the rainy Everglades!

hey are protected because lots of other animals use their burrows--rabbits, opossums, mice, quail, skunks, and even snakes.
Yes, I know they dig the holes for some types of snakes and much other wildlife.

Herpetology has been an interest of mine for many years. One of the reasons I wanted to visit here and stay for a while. I would like to see a few snakes while I am here, such as the Eastern Coral snake, Eastern Indigo snake, Everglades Golden Rat Snake, Scarlet Snake and Scarlet King snake and several others. But I would settle for just seeing a large Eastern Diamond Back Rattlesnake.

But I think the odds are quite low of seeing any of the above while I am here. I was going to go on a hike today, but it's raining here right now, which is changing my plans for the day. At least until later. I have not yet been on the hiking trail that is right outside this park, but I have been on several others.

Sounds good to me, but it looks like I will be up there on Xmas week. Xmas means nothing to me these days, but it could mean others are busy.

Anyway, I leave here on the 15th and spend another week at this place. That means I don't leave Lake O RV Park until the 22nd of Dec to head up to St. Cloud.

That Lake O. RV Park will be the first time I stayed at an RV Park that only allows RV's less than ten years old. It's kinda pricy, as I expect from those type of places.

Christmas is meaningless to me too. There use to be a Serpentarium close to me but it looks like they have been a victim to Covid since their website is down and they haven't posted to Facebook this year:

If you want to meet for lunch then how about T-Rex Cafe?

You guys should do that. It says it is open Xmas Day, so that would work for you guys!
And I hope others can show up as well.

I will pay the lunch/dinner bill for any forum member who shows up there.

But we have to first work out a time and date, but we have a couple of weeks to do such.

-Don- Everglades, FL

I'm stuck in Md. But I want to hear all about the visit! You guys will have FUN!

If you want to meet for lunch then how about T-Rex Cafe?
I forgot to mention that I will probably be in the same RV park as you. So if I am already set up, I can ride over there, unless you have a car we can use, as that will probably be better.

When I am in Lake O. I will see what is available up your way for RV parks.

-Don- The Everglades, FL

I forgot to mention that I will probably be in the same RV park as you. So if I am already set up, I can ride over there, unless you have a car we can use, as that will probably be better.

When I am in Lake O. I will see what is available up your way for RV parks.

-Don- The Everglades, FL
I do have a car and we can drive it over there. See you soon.

I do have a car and we can drive it over there. See you soon.
Great! I look forward to meeting you!

And chance for anybody else to make it? St. Cloud looks like a good location for most of FL, being close to the middle of the state.

Date at time will be somewhat flexible, but it will be close to Xmas time.

-Don- Everglades, FL

I'd love to show up but it's a little too far south for me.

Don - if your return sends you past Lake City / Live Oak I'd definitely buy you lunch!

I wish it was still open.
Same here.

Here in this RV Park (Long Pine Key) there is a large pond or small lake. I saw a gator on the other side. As I was watching, it swam over to me to say hello (or was it really to see if it could eat me up?).

-Don- Everglades, FL

gator1.JPGgator2.JPG

Tom, please let me know if you iron out a date. I maybe able to make it.
I leave here on Dec 15, but then I will spend a week at Lake O (leave on Dec 22). Then perhaps a week at St. Cloud. Any date between Dec 23 until Dec 28 should work for me.

-Don- Everglades, FL.

Same here.

Here in this RV Park (Long Pine Key) there is a large pond or small lake. I saw a gator on the other side. As I was watching, it swam over to me to say hello (or was it really to see if it could eat me up?).

-Don- Everglades, FL
Gators don't eat people. We taste horrible to them. Gators have very poor eyesight and periodically make a mistake and attack a human. Then they spit us right out. Notice most all gator attacks on humans amount to one bite then they spit us out. I have a pond in my back yard and occasionally I see a gator putting around. They are cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom