The Fountain at Penitas RV Park..Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carbuff34

I had decided to book my winter stay at The Fountain in Penitas RV Park, in Penitas Texas.  It is located approx 4 mi. from Mission, Texas.    I took it for the size, price, amenities and location.  I have not been disappointed with the size and location.  When I confirmed by phone the fella who owns the place assured me, 'we aren't like the other parks, we don't charge for every little thing'.  Well lo and behold my first electric bill there is a charge for $3.00 garbage, which they don't pick up.  They advertise a heated pool and a whirlpool.  Well the pool is NOT heated and I have yet to see any water in the hot tub, it has been 2.5 months.
That is the negative, now the positive.  The owners are really nice people and there are a group of terrific RV'ers here.  The park is a nice size.  Would I come back, No,  the pool and whirlpool are very important to me.  Again the folks running it are super.
Leo

Have you discussed your issues with the owner of the park? If so, what was his reply?

I'd hate to write an otherwise nice place off, without knowing why the problem wasn't remedied.

I cannot use either the pool nor the hot tub, due to health reasons, but I still want to see the advertised amenities in place and working - generally. I would ask, just so I would know.

Ray D

First, I wouldn't write this location off, if the pool and the hot tub weren't important.  The people are very nice, the accomodations are adequate and the activities are abundant.  I recommend this location if you are not concerned about the pool and hot tub.
When I and others made mention of it, he put a solar blanket on the pool and figured it was heated (there is a heater)  He said it wasn't cold enough to use the hot tub and that he was going to close the pool cause nobody was using it, (no kidding).  IMHO it is strictly a matter of saving money.

Maybe you're better off without the pool and hot tub. Have you seen the thread on clorine and bladder cancer?  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom