The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzybbar

My husband is a real die-hard on getting any info out there about FT RV'ing.  He would like to have the good stuff and the bad stuff, along with the ugly stuff.  All are welcome to email me at my email address if you want.  He's a stickler for wanting to know "all".  So give us your good experiences, your bad, and what your honest opinion is on full timing.  I'm ready, he's dragging his heels.
Please help me out!!!!
Connie
[email protected]

Instead of asking for e-mails why not share the info provided with all the members of the forum.  An open discussion will provide a more meaningful results.

Hi Connie,

I agree with Ron, a discussion here will benefit not only you but those that might want to know but are afraid to ask. :)

We have been full timing for almost 9 years and have not found anything ugly about it. It's a wonderful way to see this great country of ours as well as Canada and Mexico! There is a lot more good than bad especially compared to living in a stick built house in some community. We have more really close friends in 9 years of RVing than we had in over 30 years living in a house. People are much friendlier and more helpful than anyone.

Expenses will not be significantly less than normal living but the fact you can pick up and go anywhere is a big plus. Being able to change the view of your backyard is fabulous. Also you can change your neighbors if need be but we haven't had to do it yet. :)

Be sure to ask any specific questions you have and we'll try to answer them for you.

izzybbar said:
So give us your good experiences, your bad, and what your honest opinion is on full timing.  I'm ready, he's dragging his heels.
Please help me out!!!!

Connie,

I love to take extended trips in the motorhome and it's great to be in Arizona in the winter but, I also love to come home to a "real" house.  I don't want to carry everything I own in my RV.  Many people that full time still own property where they can store stuff and go back to on a regular basis.

I think your husband is a wise man.

Phil

Phil said:
I love to take extended trips in the motorhome ...... but, I also love to come home to a "real" house.

Phil, that pretty much sums up how we feel too. 20 years ago I had the desire/dream of fulltiming, but couldn't do it at the time. Now that I could, I don't care to.

Having had numerous one-on-one conversations with fulltimers who clearly love the lifestyle, I've come to the conclusion that it takes a certain kind of person to be a successful fulltimer. We could maybe even start a list of what the necessary traits are, but suffice to say that I don't have them, or don't have enough of them. I have to admire the folks that do.

Connie

Ned and I love the life-style of being full-time, in fact, I think that I should have been born a Gypsy.  Tom and Phil are right though in that being full-time isn't for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom